Profile Menu Bar

7 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Is it possible to add and remove tab/buttons on the profile menu bar ? including adding a custom menu tab/button ?

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, David.

Thank you for contacting us and interesting in our product.
1. Do you mean toolbar that is displayed while you view your profile or any other JomSocial related page:
i.prntscr.com/882417334b394c29ae0372d88442b7ca.png
2. Or list displayed under cover image while viewing profile: i.prntscr.com/903e8e40d6334c129872d1d8070fb21b.png
3. Or tabs above postbox when in profile?

If 1 then yes, you'll be able to add another positions as this is just a menu. If 2 then yes but this will require code customization. If 3 then yes - you'll be able to add new tabs but only containing plugins for JS... or if you customize code or create own plugin you'll be able to add own tabs.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi,

I'm interested in the second option below mentioned. Can you do it?

Thanks,

Gabor

Michał wrote: Hi, David.

Thank you for contacting us and interesting in our product.
1. Do you mean toolbar that is displayed while you view your profile or any other JomSocial related page:
i.prntscr.com/882417334b394c29ae0372d88442b7ca.png
2. Or list displayed under cover image while viewing profile: i.prntscr.com/903e8e40d6334c129872d1d8070fb21b.png
3. Or tabs above postbox when in profile?

If 1 then yes, you'll be able to add another positions as this is just a menu. If 2 then yes but this will require code customization. If 3 then yes - you'll be able to add new tabs but only containing plugins for JS... or if you customize code or create own plugin you'll be able to add own tabs.

7 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Gabor.

You need to copy this file: ROOT/components/com_community/templates/jomsocial/layouts/profile/focus.php

to: ROOT/templates/your-template/html/com_community/layouts/profile (if you don't have those folders - feel free to create them)

Then edit it and in line 369 you'll find ul with all mentioned items. Just remove or add what you need.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

7 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Thanks Michal. Do you make custom modification? I need a couple more modification, but very hard to find a good programmer, and I would trust someone from jomsocial team.

Thanks,

Gabor

7 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Gabor.

As much as I'd love to help, your request is beyond what we're able to do for customers.
We don't offer customization services, sorry.

7 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

No problem Michal, it was worth to try. Maybe can you recommend some one? Many thanks for the help.

7 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Gabor.

I can't recommend developer by name, but you may find a lot of them here: www.upwork.com/o/profiles/browse/?q=jomsocial

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabor
7 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Not sure why i am seeing pre-sales questions from/for Gabor ?

7 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, David.

Because forum is open now an anyone can post in other user thread.
That's why we encourage to use: www.jomsocial.com/submit-support :D

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński