9 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Sriram
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I understand that this may not be the ideal place for this question. However, my support has expired. Moreover, what I'm asking below has to do with a feature that doesn't work appropriately. Hope to have a solution.

I've noticed that the login/ password screen for JomSocial [I'm using ver. 3.2.1.3] when accessing using an iPad displays white text on white/ light background. This makes it extremely difficult for the user to see what is being typed and results in lots of login errors/ repeated attempts.

To reproduce the error using an iPad:

1) Visit my supported domain. Don't want to list it here publicly.
2) Go to menu item "Get Connected" and click on Login/ Register.
3) Try typing inside the login or password box and you'd notice the white-on-white issue.

Appreciate help.

Cheers!

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Siriam.

Your subscription expired indeed, so we can't provide support for you till it will be renewed.
Please, renew your subscription and post on forum again providing necessary details.
Then we'll be happy to help you.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Sriram
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal,

Yours was a standard reply I expected. However, my question is, when I bought the product I expected it to work on the iPad. And had least expected the issue with login screen!!! As a customer I've done nothing to cause this white-on-white issue. You test it on ver 3.2.1.3 and you realize its extremely difficult/ annoying to type with such an issue.

So you're asking me to renew support license to fix a product issue [cosmetic, as one can still login] which I bought not expecting this problem. Everything else works. It's just this login screen. Can there be a resolution other than spending $99 to fix login screen for iPad access?

Cheers!

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Sriram.

Yes, you may always hire a professional developer to help you with:
www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Sriram
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal,

Don't understand your response. You're asking us to hire a JS developer to fix an issue that perhaps exists with the product. It's not a custom feature we're trying to implement. Most login screen for other social networks/ emails apps follow a standard convention of black font on white background. Are you saying we've done something that is causing this white-on-white issue on iPad? If not, why would we hire a developer to fix such an issue? Shouldn't it be fixed for the product? Regardless of whether I have active support subscription?

Cheers!

9 years 1 month ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Sriram,

The color of the text i see on my ipad is a light grey and it is coming from your template styling which is overriding the jomsocial defaults

#community-wrap .jf_js_Guest .jf_js_core_login .jf_js_password input, body #community-wrap .jf_js_Guest .jf_js_core_login .jf_js_username input {

Please note we do not offer support in the pre sales forum as Michal has mentioned, He also recommended a 3rd party developer because your issue is with a 3rd party template.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński