Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Module mod_community_photos

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

In module mod_community_photos I would like to show all newest photo's, so I've set this in the backend of module.
The module shows however only newest photo's which are set to public.
If the privacy of a photo is set to MemberOnly, than the photo's don't show up. This is ok when the user is not logged on. But when a users logs on as a member, the module should show also photo's with privacy set to member. Same for the video module.

How can I fix this?

Regards, Rini

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

Please provide a joomla access and ftp access so I'll be able to check. Also an url to a page where I'll be able to see this module would be very helpful.

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi, I've added the URL and credentiols so you can try.
Currently the module is disabled, just tick it enabled in the backend and you can see the result on frontend, module is in left sidebar.
Same for video module.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

I understand the confusion now. The "From" does not specify who would be able to see images, but what would be source of those images be. For example "Users only" will show photos published directly to stream, it will not show images published in groups or events. Same with "Groups only" and "Events only". Will show images published there ignoring other options. I'm afraid this module does not come with a functionality to lock images from unregistered users.

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,
No, you don't understand my question. I understand the from-field being the source of images.

What I found is:
>>>> The module ONLY shows photo's which have their privacy set to PUBLIC.
Photo's with privacy set to SITE MEMBER are NOT shown in the module.

And that is what I want: I want to show both PUBLIC and MEMBER-images in the module.

How to do that?

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi, any news on this?

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

Yes. I've changed one line in /modules/mod_community_photos/mod_community_photos.php line 62:

$photos = $model->getAllPhotos(null, $photoType, $limit, array(0,10), COMMUNITY_ORDER_BY_DESC, $sortBy, true, true);

with

$photos = $model->getAllPhotos(null, $photoType, $limit, null, COMMUNITY_ORDER_BY_DESC, $sortBy, false, false);

so now no restrictions to images published in a private event or group are preventing it from being shown. It this what You had in mind?

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

yes!
Will this be implemented in future update?

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

No it's a hack I've done for You specifically. Most of the users doesn't want to show images from groups/events where user does not belong to. And the code for that is in a core module file, so it cannot get an override in template files.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

You can implement that as option in module settings?

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

I'm afraid not. All I can do is to put it into suggestions box. I will do that, but with the amount of work which would the release of Joomla 4 bring I'm really not sure if it will be taken under considerations.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński