Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

can't upload photos in jomsocial albums - results in "upload error 1"

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Try to add jpg to jomsocial photo album - click on add file
2 photo doesn't upload and upload failed message appears due to upload error 1
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

the issue can be from server or joomla configuration issue.
to know what exactly causing this issue. I need to login to site backend/administrator, but I cant.
please edit your first post and make correction at site info form. make sure you provide me super user access level.

Regards

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

albertus - sorry, the password for my cpanel login was an old password. I've edited the first post with the new password you should be ablle to gain access now.

Jim Capraro

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Also, Albertus, there used to be a way that you could turn on "drag and drop" to upload images - but after searching for it I can't find it. Can you tell me how?

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

sorry. I still cant login to joomla backend:

not sure what hapening, why that login detail still invalid. better please send it to my email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
(username and password in case sensitive)

FYI:
jomsocial doesn't have that drag and drop feature for photos upload.

Regards

Attachments:
7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I got the email but the login detail still not works. I mean what login detail for this page:
ttp://mfa-sibs.org/mfa2/administrator

please make sure the login works first.

Regards

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Albertus - I've been sending you the server/cpanel login password, no wonder it didn't work. The password for the joomla administrator backend is: !boodle****?

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

sorry, I can logged in now. I tried to upload JPG file at photo album, and not able to replicate the issue.
but my opinion, the issue because file size.

regarding your PHP configuration:
post_max_size 8M
upload_max_filesize 2M

so your site only able to upload 2M file size, but at jomsocial configuration you put 100M.
please chaingin your PHP configuration and increase that number for post_max_size and upload_max_filesize to any higher number.

and changing max_execution_time to 3000

you can asking your server support about how to changing PHP configuration at they server.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński