Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Problem seen a picture...

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:
A user cant see a photo... even if the user is friend of the photo owner...
I user two users to check... test user 1, and test user 2 (see misc information)
when I user test user 1, the user cant see a photo, but test user 2 can see the photo....

Both users are friends of the photo owner... so I dont know why "test user 1" cant see the photo

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1. Login with "test user 1" see misc information
2. Access to the link portales.inder.gov.co/intranet/familia-i...mid=218&photoid=2235
3. You will see an error (attachment)

4. logout
5. Login with test user 2....
6. Access to the link portales.inder.gov.co/intranet/familia-i...mid=218&photoid=2235
7. You cant see the picture
RESULT
I dont know why "test user 1" cant see the photo
EXPECTED RESULT
Both users shold see the photo

BROWSER

Attachments:
7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

It's because this is not a regular photo but profile cover.
Such an images are stored in Cover Photos album by default.
Privacy of this album doesn't allow to view photos inside (except owner and site admin):
i.prntscr.com/e0b04b2045fd436695069879547d41c6.png

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I already found another problem in this link: (Logued with the test user 1
portales.inder.gov.co/intranet/familia-i...ospina-sierra/photos

I also thinks that you should disable the click on the profile image.
.. when you click that that shows an error... and I think users get confuse because they dont know why they are not allowed... (they dont know that they not are allowed because is private...

Talking about your answer.. you told me that by default profile images are private... but for the users is confusing when clic an image.. for example:
1. Login as test user 1....
2. Go to the link: portales.inder.gov.co/intranet/familia-inder
3. Clic the image...

4. You will see a blank photo... with an error message telling you that you are not authorized to see the photo...
users get confused because they dont understand why the photo is clickeable but the link dont show anything....
if the photo is private, it should not be showed in the wall

Attachments:
7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

1. This is not an issue but just a php warning. You may disable it safely. It won't influence your system performance in any way.
Browse to Backend -> System -> Global Configuration -> Server -> Error reporting -> Default or None

2. Clicking on profile image result with two actions a) avatar upload (for profile owner and admin) b) avatar image view in modal window. So click can't be disabled. In your case you get the notifications as this particular user has privacy settings NOT allowing other members to view his/hers photos.

I created account joomsocial user and uploaded an avatar. Then logged as other regular user and I was able to view avatar image:
i.imgur.com/VOdYXTk.png

In this case it's all about profile privacy settings.

3. No, only in case of this particular user photo has privacy restrictions. I uploaded cover photo to joomsocial account and then checked it as other regular user:
i.imgur.com/rECtIeK.png

You may test this yourself. By clicking on joomsocial profile.

So it's not an issue at all but regular privacy settings - they work as designed.
Ask that user to change his/hers privacy settings or reset all user privacy settings in backend.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I will check later...

Please dont test it live... My boss got scared because he saw the profile image and cover you change it

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I dont agree agree with you... and I really thing this is a bug.....
you told me that the user has privacy... and thats why you cant click... but... if the photo is private, why the photo appears big in the wall or news feed?... then why you can clic that image?

I dont agree with you... I think this is a bug.. if the photo is private... it doesnt appear in the wall or newsfeed... if the user click that photo... the users expect that he can see it big...

Imagine that facebook privacy works like that.. you upload a private photo... and users can see that in the wall (in a normal size)... THATS NOT PRIVACY....

Attachments:
7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

I already answered your question:

No, only in case of this particular user photo has privacy restrictions. I uploaded cover photo to joomsocial account and then checked it as other regular user:
i.imgur.com/rECtIeK.png

You may test this yourself. By clicking on joomsocial profile.

So it's not an issue at all but regular privacy settings - they work as designed.
Ask that user to change his/hers privacy settings or reset all user privacy settings in backend.

I asked you to test this on your account or any other regular user account that has no privacy restriction enabled. Also I did a test and shared results with you. You wrote that ypu don't agree with me - but did you tested this like I asked to?

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

sorry for the delay...
How can I massively change the user permissions for users photos with privacy restrictions dont appear in the wall or news feeds?

I thinks is better for images dont appear in the newsfeed because if users cant click the image to see the full image... I think is useless that they can see the thumbnail in the newsfeed

There is a query or something like that? I can do a cronjob to change the users settings diary... (only for the photos in the newsfeed)

Thanks!

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Victor Hugo.

You may set default privacy settings for photo and reset user settings in Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Configuration -> Privacy.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński