Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Some photos locked. "You are not allowed to access this section."

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY: For some reason many photos are not accessible to members regardless of member type, user group or privacy settings. New latest JomSocial install, and may profile avatars and cover photos are not accessible by any users including admin. There is a small locked icon nect to the images that give an error when clicked on "You are not allowed to access this section.". I have played with every possible setting and set everything to public at one point, yet nothing works. Photo settings in privacy set to public still doesnt do anything. I have changed every setting possible in jomsosical to try to combat this. i have even set all users to same registered group in joomla with no success.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

8 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Doug,

This issue is a bug.

thank you

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

A bug that will be fixed soon? This is really hurting the main reason we utilize jomsocial on the site.

8 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

this is the patch.. open this file omponents/com_community/helpers/access/photos.php, find this code :

if($userid == $album->creator){
replace to :
if($userid == $album->creator || COwnerHelper::isCommunityAdmin()){

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński