Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Blank or empty avatar popup and fetch url loading forever

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hey,

1)
i got this evergreen problem of blank popup boxes when i click on the "change avatar" button on top of my profile picture (see screen).

but its possible to edit the profile picture if you use the menu icon "change profile picture" and then upload it from there.

its a little strange to me, since the popup box works when attempting to change the cover image.

2) i also have this evergreen problem that the site is not able to fetch urls. doesnt work for urls (see screen) and for videos (see screen).

i already read in the forum about CURL and OPEN_BASEDIR.

CURL works (see screen).

I asked the hoster for customization of the PHP-settings for the OPEN_BASEDIR and they sort of changed something (they told me- see screen) but the problem resists.

what i need is a proper analysis of the problem so i can ask the hoster or my client for action.

thank u guys!

phil

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Philipp,

1) that avatar blank page, because there is a restriction from your server side. please ask server support about that. (screenshot)
2) open basedir must None (screenshot)

Regards,
Albert

Attachments:
9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

hey, thanks for the quick reply!

the two problems are connected?
or are this 2 different problems?

thanks once more!

phil

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Philipp,

I cant make sure about that. seem 2 different problems, because related with server configurations it self.
I suggest you to turn off open basedir from php configuration. and if avatar still blank, you need to asking your server support for that issue. because that issue on server side.

Regards,
Albert

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński