Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

No setting for uploading profile cover in "points and activities"

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Chad
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

I would like to make this silent instead of spamming all users every time somebody changes their cover.

9 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Chad,

This is bug, I will add this to our bug list.

thank you

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Chad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

There is also no control for users liking their own photo.

9 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Chad,

Actually we already have the like photo rule, if this option is not showing on your user points setting, please you click "Rule Scan" first.

If this is still not helped, would you mind provide me FTP and backend access, please?

thank you

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Chad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

This only happens when a user likes their own photos.

9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Chad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I found another missing rule. Activity stream is generated when somebody comments on a video from the video section of the site (rather than the activity stream itself).

9 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Chad,

#1 do you mean the point is not be added when user like another photos user?

#2 Not all streams can be configured via user points, some of them should be changed manually from the code directly.

thank you

9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Chad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

#1: I don't use user points, I just dont want everything cluttering up the activity stream.

"#2 Not all streams can be configured via user points, some of them should be changed manually from the code directly."

I would call that a bug then.

So how do I keep the activity stream free of "X liked their own photo" or "x commented on a video"?

9 years 6 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Chad,

Points and Activities has two purposes. 1. It manages how many points a user gets for doing a certain function on the site. The 2nd function that you want to use it for is to turn on and off what activities are written to the wall.

As an example if you don't want an activity written to the wall during a Cover upload you would disable the Cover upload function in Points and Activities section in admin. unless you have Karma enabled the points has no relevance to it.

if you press the rule scan button, this will check you have the latest list of options that can be enabled or disabled. As Dimas has said, not all activity stream items can be enabled or disabled in the current version or Jomsocial.

Please run a rule scan and you will then see the latest list of what can be enabled or disabled, from there let me know what you feel is missing and we can work out if it is not an option or a bug.

I am not able to login to your site to see the list of rules and if any that should be there are missing. There should be around 41 of them

9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Chad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

You don't need to login to my site to check whether or not liking ones own photo and commenting on a video send an activity stream.

"Please run a rule scan and you will then see the latest list of what can be enabled or disabled, from there let me know what you feel is missing and we can work out if it is not an option or a bug."

I did that before I ever even posted this thread. If you had read this thread you would see I already understand what points and activities are for. I am reporting a bug, please don't talk to me like I am a noob, thanks.

If you want to help you could read my last question and tell me how to prevent these two things from appearing on the activity stream, even if you could give me some code to add.

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Chad,

the custom code that I can provide to you only for disable activities stream:
- cover upload
- videos like
- photo like
- videos comment
- albums comment
- photos comment

please edit /components/com_community/libraries/activities.php at line 172:
changing this code

$table->store();
to
if ($appname != 'cover.upload' && $appname != 'videos.like' && $appname != 'photo.like' && $appname != 'videos.comment' && $appname != 'albums.comment' && $appname != 'photos.comment') {
    $table->store();
} else {
    return;
}

Regards,
Albert

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chad
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński