Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Not able to upload a picture

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • EVAN
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Attachment uploadingpict.jpg not found

Hi,

When trying to upload a picture/photo I dont see the dialog box. See the pict I enclosed.
I didnt have this problem on my test environment. I have a strong idea that this has to do
with writing rights on the server. But I dont know how to find out what I have to change or
have my provider change. PLEASE HELP!

I know that it is a 2.8 ( and I have spoken to Michal Dluzak about this and that I will be upgrading to the newest version soon) but I would still like someone to look at it and tell me or point me in the right direction. Like I said I think it is a rights issue (and would have it with 3.x aswell) because I have been having other problems with the hostingprovider when installing things. I have to install everything through the FTP for instance to keep the rights to folders.

So in short. Could you let me know what I should change ( what folders have to do with the uploading of pictures?) so that the dialog screen would appear normal again and that I could upload pictures? I expect it to be a rights issue. What I would like is a list of folders and files that JOMSOCIAL needs complete acces to so that the uploading of pictures can take place.

A million thanks for you time!

Greetings,

EVAN

Attachments:
9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Evan.

Due to outdated version of JomSocial support will be very limited here... but still I'll try to help you.
First, please, post printscreen of your issue using this service: prntscr.com/

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • EVAN
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

thank you very much, in advance. I understand that you are limited!
here is the link; prntscr.com/4dyph6
But I would like it to stay private!

Kind regards,

EVAN

ps. see my remarks on the domain/URL for login in.

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Evan.

I saw similar issue. It's related with plupload script.
Edit your configuration.php (located in main Joomla! folder on server) and search for public $live_site = ''; You probably has entered domain name there. Try to remove it and leave it like that: public $live_site = '';

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • EVAN
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal,
And sure thing, that was it!!

Thank you very much!

Greetings,