Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

New videos added as public are only viewable as public in the stream

10 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Caleb
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

For starters I want to say congratulations on the latest update! It looks great and I'm very pleased with the way that Jomsocial has went since the leadership change; you make a great development team! Keep up the great work!

Now the problem..

I'm in the process of making several cosmetic edits to Jomsocial (as you can probably see), but have not touched the core operations yet. From the get go, I've been having trouble with the user privacy on videos syncing across the site. When you link / upload a video then the video is added as publicly viewable in the main stream and profile streams, but is not public in any other parts of the site which includes the videos module and the all videos menu option. The screenshot descriptions below will give you more of a visual on what I'm talking about.

Here's where it gets tricky..

When I login to the site and change the privacy of the video to public in the edit video cwindow then it syncs and corrects the public/guest view-ability across the site. There is some sort of error in the code on the edit video cwindow where the "Who can see" option is. I'm not sure if this is resulting from how the video is being stored in the database and possibly connected to my other errors or if it is just a standalone cosmetic issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
-Caleb

Screenshot 1: Viewing the frontpage as public/guest; not logged in. Shared (linked) video shows in stream but not in the videos module.
Screenshot 2: Viewing the frontpage; logged in. Shared (linked) video shows in stream and in the videos module.
Screenshot 2: Edit video cwindow.

Joomla Version: 3.3.0
Jomsocial Version: 3.2.0.3

Attachments:
10 years 1 week ago
Licenses:

Hi Caleb,

about privacy button at cWindow video. that button width overridden by bootstrap. put this CSS rule to override back at your template manager - custome code - Before </head>

<style>
.joms-privacy-dropdown button {
  width: auto;
}
</style>

and about video with public privacy, as guest I can see it at video module and "all video" menu

Maybe your joomla or browser cache cause it

Regards,
Albert

Attachments:
10 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Caleb
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Hey Albert,

Thanks for the help with the bootstrap override; I didn't think about that.

The main issue with the permissions isn't fixed though. You were able to see that video because it was marked as public after I edited the video. There is a new one added for you to be able to see the difference with.

Thanks again,
Caleb

10 years 6 days ago
Licenses:

Hi Caleb,

I confirmed this is a valid bug. please wait our fixes.

Regards,
Albert

The following user(s) said Thank You: caleb
9 years 11 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Caleb.

Please extract those files here > \components\com_community\templates\default\privacy.php(it'll be included into our next installation package)

And then check the issue once again, it should fix the problem. If not, please let us know and we'll look into this once again.

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Celeb,

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

Regards,
Albert

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński