Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

No mobile phones are uploading an avatar photo

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Michał
  • Thank you received: 3689
Licenses:

Hi, Torrance.

Please, don't post in main field your FTP credentials - it's not save.
You have special fields for this and they are visible only for us.

You mean that you can't upload a photo via mobile because there is no such option like "Change Avatar" when hovering over Avatar or when im menu there is only "Profile" but no sub menu with "Change Profile Picture". Am I right?

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 3 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Torrance,

To upload an avatar on a mobile phone you simply login go to the profile > select the down arrow under the the karma stars > select options > change avatar. I have done this on the URL you have supplied and it is functioning correctly as you will see when you login to your site. please bear in mind that once you select the picture from your phone depending on your internet speed this may seem like there is no activity when in actual fact it is uploading.

If there is anything else i can assist you with please don't hesitate to post a new support ticket. If you have any other support tickets open that you feel are not getting resolved, please reply here and tell me the URL so i can look at them for you.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Torrance,

i went to the URL you gave in the first post and logged in with the details you provided then uploaded a new avatar into the profile. That is what i did to test it is working from an iphone

10 years 3 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Torrance,

We have tested on Android and found the feature is not functioning correctly as you say. it appears to be ok on an Idevice. I will report this fault to the development team.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Torrance,

We have had our developers look at the issue and have tested on galaxy and HTC on our demo site and have confirmed it is working on these devices.

Could you please login to
demo.jomsocial.com
username: demo
Password: demo

and see if you can change the avatar there. Please let me know the outcome

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński