Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

GIFs Not Working

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Richard
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Please note that this is a new installation and have not re-directed the domain name as other site is still open. I have submitted the URL in "Misc Information". I also have a subdomain (fully licensed with JomSocial) with same issue. Do I need to start a new thread with my subdomain.? I provided all its information in the "Misc Information" too. Both sites are accessible with information provided.

When uploading a GIF Image it is distorted, un-viewable and does not animate. Path set for ImageMagick is /usr/bin/convert.

I do know this is the correct path. I also have HWD Mediashare installed on my subdomain site of the same server. HWD Mediashare is using the same path as JomSocial and all GIFs uploaded through it are converted and are animated.

Side Note: I did read that there is a problem with Video Upload conversion. Both my sites also have a Blank (flowplayer) and only audio plays. Is there any news on this issue?

When uploading videos through HWD Mediashare, all video are processed and play with no issue. HWD Mediashare is also using the same, FFMPEG, FLVTool2 paths as JomSocial.

JomSocial 3.1.0.1
Joomla! 2.5.17

Thank You and sorry for the long texted Thread.

10 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Richard,

#1 Gif
For now we dont support with uploading the animated gif

#2 Video
This is valid bug and our developer will inspect this, maybe we need look at HWD code for reference

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Richard
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank You Dimas.

Are GIFs something that JomSocial may support in the future? I know my members will be disappointed as the current site is Ver. 2.6 and GIFs are working there.

Also, thank you for the update on Video Bug. I can only assume this will be a patch or new version release. My members are patiently waiting to move into there new home.

Thank You for the response.

10 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Not sure with animation gif because this is low priority issue, I suggest you hack the code for your own, but for video of course we will fix it

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński