Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Issue playing videos

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

I have an issue with all videos (i don't know if is a playing problem or a conversion problem). If I upload any video it converts without problems (apparently) but when i try to play it on jomsocial i only get the sound without any image (i only show the thumbnail correctly).

The video is converted to xxxxx.mp4 and if I download the file to my computer trough ftp i can see the image correctly in any player, i don't know where is the problem.

I am using CentOS 6.5, Joomla 3.2.1 and Jomsocial 3.1.0.1

Thanks

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rene
10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Aitor

There are (still) some issues with converting videos on CentOS
Basically, uploaded file now converts, but only to audio, without video.

we are working as fast as possible to find out what is wrong with this, but we are pretty much limited because conversion is done by third-party software which is beyond our reach

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

This is not exactly, file now converts correctly audio and video (if I download the file I can see the video in any media player). The problem is that Flowplayer can´t show the video. If you give me the exact parameters that joomsocial send to ffmpeg I can make some probes to detect where is the problem.

10 years 4 months ago
  • fuxo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired
10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Aitor

You can see all the parameters in ROOT/components/com_community/libraries/videos.php in the convertVideos function

$config	= CFactory::getConfig();
		$cmd 	= array();
		$cmd[]	= $this->ffmpeg;
		$cmd[]	= '-y -i ' . $videoIn;
		$cmd[]	= '-vcodec mpeg4';
		$cmd[]	= '-acodec aac';
		$cmd[]  = '-strict -2';
		$cmd[]  = '-crf 23';
		$cmd[]	= '-s ' . $videoSize;
		$cmd[]	= $config->get('customCommandForVideo');
		$cmd[]	= $videoFullPath;

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Experiencing exactly the same problem. Any ideas on a fix? Are you using an old version of FlowPlayer too, is it possible to use the HTML5 version so it also works with your Socialize theme on mobile devices?

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

We are working on the fix and will be provided when available.
New version of Flowplayer will most likely come in version 3.3 when we redesign the frontend.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rene
10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

exact the same problem, the video will convert and if i download it to my computer, it works with video, not only with tone.

is it possible to fix it, with a flowplayer plugin on the page?

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

static.flowplayer.org/swf/expressinstall.swf

i found this url in the the js file: flowplayer-3.2.6.min.js - line 24:
static.flowplayer.org/swf/expressinstall.swf

but the click on it produces a 404 error, is that a error?

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired
10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

By default, Flowplayer uses this file: flowplayer.org/swf/expressinstall.swf for users who have less than version [10, 1] but greater than [6, 56] installed. You can skip Express Install by setting expressInstall to null.

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Guys, this will be fixed in JomSocial 3.1.1

Thank You

The following user(s) said Thank You: fuxo
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński