Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

JS Activity Stream Issues

6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Lucy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello,

We are currently using JS Activity Stream on our website to display user and group activities on our main members page. Everything seems to be showing up correctly. I also displays a comment box and a "Send" button below each activity. Unfortunately, if someone types into the comment box and presses "Enter" or the "Send" button. Nothing happens, but if the user clicks on the post and goes into the Group or the members page where the activity originated from then they can successfully comment on the activity. There seems to be a communication issue between JS Activity Stream and the other parts of JS that the activities are pulled from. I have looked through the settings and the parts I know to look at, but have had no success. Any ideas or thoughts on why this is and how to fix it?

Thanks!

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Lucy.

Please:

1. Edit your first post.
2. Click switch below main text field: prntscr.com/fk3hdg
3. Provide your site details: backend URL, admin credentials and FTP: prntscr.com/fk3hwz
4. Let us know that you provided credentials by posting in the same thread.

Make sure that you're not using JA Activity Stream module and other (like main activity stream) on the same page as this may cause issues.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Lucy
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello Michal,

I have edited my post to include the necessary information. Please let me know if there is any more information you need.

Thanks!

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Lucy.

Thank you.
Issue is cased by "Responsive Photo Gallery for Jomsocial" extension.
Do a simple test - disable that extension and check if you can post.
Please, contact with Minitek developers and report that issue.
It seems that they add additional jQuery no.conflict even if jQuery load is disabled in their extension.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lucy
6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Lucy
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thank you Michal!

I have a follow up question about our JS Activity Stream. I am going to ask it here, but please let me know if I should create a new post for it since it is kind of a different topic.

Currently the JS Activity Stream on our website pulls all information to the Activity Stream. Unfortunately, it also pulls posts that say "<Insert Name> is friends with <Insert Name>". We don't want these to show up in the Activity Stream because they can sometimes cause the whole stream to be filled with these posts. Is there a way to filter out these posts, but still pull from Groups, Events, and Profiles?

Again, thanks for the help with the commenting issue!

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Lucy.

You may ask your questions here :)

As for friend posts - you may easily disable them. browse here Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Configuration -> User points
And disable rules for new friends.
That will remove friend posts from the stream.

6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Lucy
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello Michal,

I have followed your instructions on disabling the User points for new Friends in JomSocial, but I am still seeing the activities in the Activity Stream for "<insert name> is friends with <insert name>". Is there something else I am missing? The only two rules under User Points that mention Friends are "Approved Friends Request" and "Remove Friends".

Thanks!

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Lucy.

I just created new member - michal and accepted friend invitation from tempadmin.
No new friend activity was created on stream - it works correctly.

6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Lucy
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hey Michal,

Does the change I made to the User Points not affect past Friends as Friends posts that are in the Activity Stream? I noticed the same thing you did that it isn't creating new posts, but I don't see the old ones being removed. If it doesn't remove old one then that is fine. I just wanted to double check.

Thanks again for all the help!

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Lucy.

Rules apply only to new activities - so old ones will stay on stream but new one won't be created.
You may remove them manually in backend.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński