Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

plugin JS Wall causing error on user profiles

8 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Martin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:
Hi, I want to use JS for our gaming community website so I installed it and everything was fine, till I start testing some functions like posting stuff on wall, liking things and such. Now, when I try to show user profile, this error - 0 Serialization of 'SimpleXMLElement' is not allowed - shows up. It seems that other pages in JS looking fine. You can look at first page of my JS here: vet2016.leviweb.cz/subdom/vet2016/jomsocial and profile page with error is here: vet2016.leviweb.cz/subdom/vet2016/jomsocial/578-testik/profile

I have system debug and language debug turned on. I tried to solve the problem and when I turned JS Walls plugin off, profile page will work without showing user wall. So I asume, that JS Walls plugin causing this problem. I didn't alter any JS code except language file and profile page was working with same settings in Joomla before I started to testing JS functions.
Can someone help me with this please?

For the record, this isnt the domain for support here, cause I'm designing new web on other domain, and it will be moved on the right domain after.

Martin

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

8 years 1 week ago
Licenses:

Ahoj Martin.

You hold a JomSocial PRO license so only ONE domain (site) is supported.
Your supported domain is: veteransguild.cz
And you request support for: vet2016.leviweb.cz. I'm sorry but as it is different domain, support will be not provided for it at the moment.
Unless you change supported domain (need to have valid reason e.g domain name typo)
Please post a domain change request here: www.jomsocial.com/forum/billing-issues

After your request is accepted, please, update this thread and make sure it has "Pending Support" status.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Martin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi, this is really nice support. :-/
As I clearly stated in previous message. Yes, JS is not at domain www.veteransguild.cz because we are using this domain for hosted website by Enjin. You can check the domain, no JS there and no Joomla. So I cant use this domain, so I'm using my personal domain for development this website. So I'm not using JS anywhere else and after website will be ready, I will move this website on domain vet2016.leviweb.cz to the domain www.veteransguild.cz so JS will be only on this domain. But I'm now in development stage and because some things (like PAID JS Component) are not working correctly, I'm not possible to move website to our main domain. Because veteransguild.cz is hosting our current website which I want to replace by Joomla.
I really don't understand. I've paid for JS, I want to use it, but support here is worse than for some free stuff for Joomla. :-(

BTW, I was translating whole JS to the Czech language and wanted to give the translation for free. But this is big disappointment and now I don't even know, if I will be able to use JS on this site.

8 years 6 days ago
Licenses:

HI, Martin.

There is no reason to complain on our support... yet ;)
I noticed that domain is different than registered and field Test/Development Site in credential box is empty.
You see, we answering dozens of tickets a day. Also - sometimes - we pass thread to other support member. First what we do is to check credentials box.
All necessary information should be there.

When I saw empty fields with no comment - support was not refused but just on hold.
And my answer was standard answer in case when domain is different with no comments in credentials box.

So, please, pay attention to forms provided during issue reportings. We're always eager to help.
I apologize if you fill disappointed.Next time just explain your case in credentials box.

But lets, back to your issue - in certain page you may have only ONE activity stream - loaded from core component or with JS Wall module. You can't display both of them on the same page as you'll experience issues (script conflict). So JS Wall is recommended to use on pages where is no activity streams (so not at frontpage, event, group and profile pages).

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński