Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

private Community . restricting customer access

8 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Jomsocial-Team,
I am trying to set up a private community without any access from outside. But even after reading documents and searching the forum I face some challenges.

I set all jomsocial modules access to registered members.
I set all Jomsocial toolbar menu access to registered members.
I edited jomsocial Configuration->Layout->Show Activity Stream->set to members only.

First impression was good, but when I enter directly "http://.../index.php/de/jomsocial/search/browse" I can see the names of all members. Which steps are necessary to really secure the site?

Thanks for your support,
Chris

The following user(s) said Thank You: Xristoph Conrad
8 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Chris,

Please check again, I already disabled menu "Jomsocial" from main menu, that menu is from our installation.

thank you!

8 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Dimas,
thanks for the quick response and perfect problem solving!
Chris

PS: technically I don't really understand it, cause my own menu item does not have any other settings than the one you disabled, so maybe if you have another 2 minutes you can give me a hint for learning...

8 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Dimas or anyone of JS,
I have to reopen the ticket again. Last time I was still in prelaunch phase and decided at one point to start all over from scratch. So I setup Joomla and Jomsocial again.
Now I face the same problem, and as you did not explain to me your changes and after hours searching in all other docs/postings/... I still can't figur out what to change with my menu to prevent that links like http://.../index.php/de/jomsocial/search/browse or http://.../index.php?option=com_community&view=profile&userid=...&Itemid=103 work, when you are not logged in as registered member.
I appreciate your help one more time.
Thanks,
Chris

8 years 2 weeks ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Chris,

Where should I test it? because your main site and development site is not working for me, which I cant see jomsocial installation there.

thank you!

8 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Dimas,
please see PM.
Christian

8 years 1 week ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Got it, but i dont see the htaccess user and password on private section, can you make sure edit your first post in this topic? and add htaccess account inside "htaccess"

8 years 1 week ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ah, I edited the last post with the new credentials, but now I entered them also in the first again.

8 years 1 week ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Christian,

Seems I found the bug, most of jomsocial issue regarding the resticted access, actaully we need to create new menu on Joomla Menu Manager, and set the new menu for registered only. It works for Profile page, but not for Search page :(.. I will let you know once the developer fix this.

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński