Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Bug - posting videos in a group posts to your profile

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
When in a group and selecting the video post, the video gets uploaded to your profile and not the group.

This should behave like the "+ group video" button instead.

Steps to repeat:
1. Go to a group
2. go to the area on the page that allows you to post a message to the group
3. select the "play" icon in the post box
4. upload the video
5. after processing the video, note that the video shows up in the users profile, but not the group page.
6. You can verify that you can go to the group.
7. Select "Videos" in the group focus area
8. Click on the "+ Add Group Video" button
9. Upload and process the video
10. Note the video ends up on the group page like it's supposed to. This is different than #5.

8 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Devon,

You are using old Jomsocial version, please you update to the latest version for fixing this.

thank you!

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

I will update and confirm the fix. Thanks for the help!

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

I updated to 4.1.6 and everything the photos post correctly to the group now. Thanks for the help!

8 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

you're welcome :)

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I confirmed that the photos were posting correctly to the group from the group post, but after I updated to the latest version of JomSocial, the videos do not post correctly to the group. They post incorrectly to the user's profile page and not the group like they are supposed to.

Sorry, I confirmed the wrong thing.

8 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

hi Devon,

I just test it and it works.

I upload video from group->run the cron-> and that video still on that group

thank you!

Attachments:
8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

I'm not seeing the same thing.

Step 1: go to the postbox in the group page, find the ajax post area, and select the video icon to start your video post.
Step 2: the ajax box now changes to allow you to post (upload) a video.
Step 3: selecting the video (limit is set at 50MB), selecting the category and selecting the text is available and you can click the blue upload button.
Step 4: shows the video in the process of uploading - after the video has been uploaded, I can then manually run the cron job from the JomSocial component to start the video processing. On my live site this is accomplished with the cron job. On the development site, I don't have the cron job setup so that way I can manage the queue better in a manual way.
Step 5: After the cron job is completed, we return to the group page and notice the post is not there.
Step 6: If you return to the user's page, you can find that the post has been applied to the user's profile instead of the group page.

Additional data:
"Successful group post.PNG" shows the backend data (#__community_activities) where Dimas posted to the live site. Note the group id is populated and is circled in the picture.
"Bad group post.PNG" shows the backend data (#__community_activities) of the operation above. Note the group id is not populated and the area is circled in the picture.

Can you please include a video which shows that you have uploaded the video in this way and not by going to the "Add Group Video" button under the Group:Videos area?

Thanks for your assistance,
Devon

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Also, I confirmed that the photos DO correctly add to the group stream unlike the videos.

8 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi devon,

I just test it on our latest code, and i dont see any error.. this issue caused by your old version and then it can be caused by your template modification.

So, please you try update jomsocial and the use default jomsoical template without modification.

thank you!

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Good call. It was in one of the overrides for com_community. I'll look at the differences and see what I can find.

Thanks for the help!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński