Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Error on registration

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
When I try to register a new user, I successfully get past the first registration page. When I click the register button after filling out the second page, I get the following error message:
Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in .../components/com_community/controllers/register.php on line 817

This happens only on chrome and firefox on Android phone

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1. Click the button labelled "Compte" with a padlock
2 fill in the first registration page and click next
3 fill in the second registration page and click to save the registration information and register and it returns an error message
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

8 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

I just test it, and everything is working fine for me..

well, I suggest you remove this his menu "Créer un profil" or you moved it inside the sub menu of "Community"

thank you!

Attachments:
8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Bonjour,
Thank your for your intervention.

The issue still exists. Please take a look at the attached file of a screen shot.

The issue occurs when I use a mobile phone (samsung s5) with google chrome or mozilla firefox. It seems to work sometimes when I use the default android web browser. It works perfectly on my desktop computer but not on mobile phones

The time stamp on the picture title shows 11:37 am which means that I tried it today.

Thanks

Attachments:
8 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi obioma,

can you test this on another browser desktop / mobile? like chrome or firefox?

thank you!

8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Bonjour,
It does not work with Chrome on Android.
It does not work with Mozilla on Android.
It works with the native Android browser.

Thank you

8 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

You said before, which this register doesnt on navite android browser, and now it works :)

well, this is cache issue, please clear your browse cache, or try with another mobile device, and try on desktop browser.

thank you

8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Bonjour,
Here is your latest reply:
"You said before, which this register doesnt on navite android browser, and now it works :) well, this is cache issue, please clear your browse cache, or try with another mobile device, and try on desktop browser."

1) I never said it doesn't work on native android browser. I said it works on the native android browser but not on chrome or firefox on android
2) It is not a cache problem because I have tried clearing the server and browser cache and restarting my phone
3) I said previously that it works perfectly on desktop browsers.
4) It is imperative that it works on mobile phones irrespective of the type of device and the type of the browser been used

Thanks for your efforts but I would really appreciate communicating with someone else. Excuse me, but I am French living in France and I have the impression that you have issues with the English Language (spellings e.g. "navite android browser" and sentence construction e.g. "You said before, which this register doesnt on navite android browser, and now it works").

Thank you

8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Obioma.

I just tested your site registration using Samsung SM-G531F with Android 5.1.1 and Chrome 47.0.256.83.
Registration went fine.
I followed your replication steps:

After I passed 1st and 2nd pages, 3rd page appears allowed me to upload avatar. I skipped that page and end notice appeared.
It seems to work fine - you may check my account on your site "michal jomsocial" (it's not activated thought).

Could you ask your friends or users to test it also?

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Attachments:
8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Bonjour Michal,
Thank you for your intervention. My apologies to the other person. I didn't mean him or her any disrespect.

Unfortunately, the problem still persists. If it happens on my phone, then there is a possibility that it can also happen on another person's phone. I received complaints from 2 other people in the past but I didn't understand why they couldn't do something as simple as click their way though to the end of the registration process. I once had a guy on phone and he kept telling me that he got an error message. We tried 3 times until he ran out of email addresses to use because even if the process ended in an error, somehow, the system prevented him from using the same email. I had to delete his information directly from the database (community_register and community_register_auth_token database tables) and he had to use another computer before he could finally register. All these was before I exprienced it on my phone by accident because I normally use the native Android browser.

If you want, I can use another phone to film the entire process so that you can see for yourself.

Have a good day

Cordialement

8 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Obioma,

I already tried to set the session handler to none instaed to database, and increase the session lifetime. Please let me know if this issue still happens.

thank you

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński