Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

System Jomsocial redirect plugin conflicts and problems

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

System Jomsocial redirect plugin (JS version 3.2.0.3) has caused a lot of headache for me and costed me substantial man/hour spending on my developer troubleshooting to figure out the source of problem.

1. The plugin causes a conflict with Joomla templates whereby when an article is assigned to non-default template, the article is still displayed with default template (somehow overriding the chosen template). Therefore, articles are not shown with any other template besides default template. I disabled the plugin, and everything started working properly.

2. On another note, as part of plugin options, Redirect login and Redirect logout options did not work when the plugin was active. So whenever you logged out, it would direct you to the page you logged out from instead of chosen page, the same goes for login case.

Regards,
Amir

9 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Amir,

Edit at your redirect jomsocial plugin, and look at this "Redirect back to previous page" please choose No :)

I hope it will help

thank you

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Dimas,

Perhaps I have not been able to get my point across properly and communicate the severity of the problem I am having, but the plugin is seriously flawed.

It is causing the kind of conflict described in item 1 of initial post. I cannot use it at the moment, due to the problems it is causing. Also, I need it on my site.

Moreover, turning off the feature to "Redirect back to previous page" is not really a solution to the problem, because the said feature is also required next to redirecting at log out. You want the users to be able to get back to what they were doing once they login and also direct them to the appropriate page after they logout. Now they won't together as such.

Regards,
Amir

9 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Amir,

I think we need create the "Redirect back to previous page" for every action, login and logout, do you mean the plugin should work like that? right now the "Redirect back to previous page" will effected for login and logout as well.

thank you

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Dimas,

There are two things that I am saying:

1. The plugin, quite essential to my work, is causing a major conflict with Joomla templates such that when an article is assigned to non-default template, the article is still displayed with default template (somehow overriding the chosen template). This needs to be resolved. I have not done anything out of ordinary to trigger this situation.

2. The existing plugin feature 'Redirect back to previous page' is very good and needed, however, it should not be imposed on 'log out' which is an entirely different situation. When user logs out, they are not following what they were doing before, so there is no use to brig them back to previous page. Therefore, 'Redirect back to previous page' and 'Log-out redirect' should be treated as separate issues, and admin should be able to assign a unique URL for log-out.

Regards,
Amir

9 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Amir,

#1 can you update your Jomsocial to the latest version 3.2.1.1, please? I reaplicate this in my local with newest version and everything is working fine..

#2 Actually this is featured request, please you post this to uservoice uservoice.jomsocial.com/forums/101561-jo...ial-feature-requests

thank you

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński