Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Activity stream module

10 years 6 days ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I want to use the module on homepage, and I want to offer more content out of the space taken by the module on screen through use of Ajax / other similar Technics for user to browse more postings. Is there a 3rd party module/default features that would make this possible? Also, is it possible to show postings in 2 columns for the module taking the whole width of screen?

Any other advice to extend the possibilities for activity stream module would be appreciated

Regards,
Amir.

10 years 5 days ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Amir Sada,
As you know that there is a module named "Community - Activity stream" which can be shown at any page and along with it you can publish any module to show any thing (which ever you assigned module).

btw I am a bit in dark about the sentence,

I want to use the module on homepage, and I want to offer more content out of the space taken by the module on screen through use of Ajax / other similar Technics for user to browse more postings.

Can you explain a bit more?

Also, is it possible to show postings in 2 columns for the module taking the whole width of screen?

In that case you may need to customize the module but i think this is not a good idea as it is showing streams as long as you scroll down but it is up to you. You may need to hire some developers and I recommend to you to hire from www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers

Thanks

10 years 5 days ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Ashraf,

I've provided more detail into what I am looking for in below,

As you know, the mentioned module displays certain no. of posts defined in module config. If you set it to for example 10, then it creates a vertically long static module taking a lot of space. I was hoping there might be a 3rd party module/default features that would allow displaying more posts out of fixed amount of space, and the user would be able to flip through those content. The attached screenshot shows similar concept used on some other module types (at the bottom of Latest modules and at the top of Featured module)

I thought thru use Ajax / similar technologies this would be possible.

Regards,
Amir.

Attachments:
10 years 4 days ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Amir Sada,
If you want activity stream module which some pagination/scrolling feature then you need to have small customization of the module "Community - Activity Stream".
In that case i would suggest you to have a developer so that he can customize the module and add necessary script for pagination or flip.
Thanks

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński