Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Upgrade to latest Jomsocial version

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I did an upgrade to the latest jomsocial version 4.5 a couple days ago. When a new user tries to register on my page the progress is very slow compared to before.
My main problem however are chat messages. Once I click on my envelope and then on Show All, the system is loading forever and no message pops up. I also don´t get an error message.
I only see the load gif . . . .

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Thank you for contacting us.
I'm sorry but I can't replicate registration issue on your site - I was able to register: prntscr.com/hnwwig
Also it loaded quite fast for me, each page was loaded around 1-2 seconds.

As for chat feature. First make sure that you run cron job few times.
If you do not have set it automatically then you may execute it manually in Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Monitor -> Mai queue -> Execute cron (button upper right).

Site speed could be related with:

1. You're using Chrome 62 that has known bug, update to Chrome 63 ASAP.
2. You have misconfiguration of JomSocial
Set interval for checking new notifications to 60 seconds: prntscr.com/hnwyyh
Do the same for chat message check: prntscr.com/hnwzdv

Finally, you may enable site debug in Backend -> System -> Global configuration -> System -> Debug system. Then browse to frontpage where it loads slowly.
After page loads completly, check at site bottom for session.
It will list process and how much time they are loaded.
Do this by using Chrome 63 or different browser.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Dear Michael thank you for your answer. Could you please have a look why this is happening. I already looked through your description and checked a couple of things but that didn´t fix the message and chat issue. So if I click on global notification and try to open the sent message or if I click on the chat symbol (envelope) nothing comes up its just loading and loading. . . see link functionbay.org/my-account/chat.html#1

Attachments:
6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

It seems that issue is related with with your current template.
I changed to Joomla! default template Protostar and chat works: prntscr.com/ho14dn
So it may be that template itself, modules assigned to template or some template plugins cause the issue.
Please, contact with template developers and ask to investigate this on their end.
If they will need our help - please, ask them to contact us directly.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Dear Michal,
thank you for your message. Do you know or can see where the issue is happening. When I use degug modus I can´t find a script or anything related to the loading gif.

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Debug won't display any error as this is rather script conflict.
Contact with template developer and let them investigate ;)

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello! I had a computer crash and lost almost all of my data. Would it be possible to get the installation file of jomsocial 4.5. again.
Please have a look at my account and check the license and expire date. You will see that I was able to download jomsocial 4.5.
Kind Regards,
Stefan

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński