Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Registration form - nothing happens when I click 'Next' on first page

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

We have new Joomla installation with Joomla 3.8.2 and Jomsocial 4.5 and are in the setup process.
We are about to use PayPlans member subscription component and have made all required configuration changes with both components and enabled all required plugins and have enabled and defined MultiProfiles. When we now want to test a registration we are on first page of registration form - but after filling the form with all fields and click on 'Next' button nothing happens and we cannot go to next step of the registration process.
We have then disabled PayPlans and plugin PayPlans-Registration-JomSocial to make sure registration process just with Jomsocial is working fine. But without PayPlans, the experiences are exactly same and the standard registration process with the Jomsocial form does not work and same results that nothing happens when we click 'Next' button.

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

Thank you for contacting us.
You enabled js compression in template. That compiled all js files into one... damaging JomSocial scripts.
I disabled that feature in template and now registration works :)
Please, check and confirm.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markus Oliver Berwing
6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi Michal,
thanks a lot for this very fast reply and great support. The issue is indeed fixed and I was able to run complete the registration process but have hitted another issue that I will report separately with a new post.

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Markus.

Great to hear that it helped.
Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you in other thread. I'm happy to help.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński