Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Members experiencing page error msg. sporadically when trying to log in

6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • D.
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Howdy,

I hate to "beat a dead horse" but I'm still having issues with the front end login. My site members are having trouble logging on as well. Even logging in as admin from the front
I get the message: you are trying to access a page that is used for register members only.
Now, before you tell me to update the redirect plugin, I have already done that... and I'm running the latest version, 4.3.3 of Jomsocial. I've checked for outdated plugins etc.

I can attach a screenshot of the message if that helps. I'll include the backend log in if needed – just need this problem to get resolved.

Regards,
D. Ashley

Attachments:
6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

This issue caused by Menu configuration, would you mind provide me backend and FTP access, please? I will check the configuration.

thank you!

6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • D.
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Dimas,
I made some changes in the backend to help mitigate the problem, deleted unnecessary plugins, changed Jomsocial Redirect/Override User Reg to NO.
I also changed the System Page Cache to exclude: Profile page and Community Menu. Now, logging in seems to have gotten better, but, please do check the menu item itself.

This message contains confidential information

Thanks Dimas
D. Ashley

6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for the info, but you missed FTP access and I also need phpmyadmin as well, I need it to edit the database manually..

thank you!

6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • D.
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Dimas,
Here is everything.

This message contains confidential information

6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • D.
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Dimas,
I haven't heard back from support. Did the FTP and phpmyadmin access work ok?

D. Ashley

6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

I am sorry for delay answer, I just checked everything and its working fine for me... if this issue still happens would you mind provide me the video screencast, please?

thank you!

6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • D.
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello Dimas,

Yes, this problem is not a constant. For instance, if I log in and log out in quick secession I will get the page that states, "you are trying to access a page that is available for registered users only".
To me, it seems to be a caching issue, but I have turned off caching altogether. I'll continue to use the site without changing anything. If I or a member runs into the login issue again I will reach out to you again.

Thanks
D. Ashley

6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Please you try change Jomsocial redirect plugin, edit Redirect login failed and Redirect logout to Home page or Jomsocial home page.

I hope it will help.

thank you!

6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • D.
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

D. wrote: Howdy,

I hate to "beat a dead horse" but I'm still having issues with the front end login. My site members are having trouble logging on as well. Even logging in as admin from the front
I get the message: you are trying to access a page that is used for register members only.
Now, before you tell me to update the redirect plugin, I have already done that... and I'm running the latest version, 4.3.3 of Jomsocial. I've checked for outdated plugins etc.
Regards,
D. Ashley

Hello,
I am once again having problems with members logging into the community page. This is extremely frustrating and causing our membership frustration. I have contacted my Service providers as well and have made extensive changes. Still, the problem persists. What can be done?

6 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

I cant replicate this issue... from this site right www.womenabout.org/cms/wab2.5 ?

is there any sample user so I can get the issue?

6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • D.
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello,

I made a few changes to the site: reduced images, optimized the database, etc. and the issue seems to have gotten better for now. I think the login attempts were subject to timeouts during the login process. I hope this helps well into the future.

Thank you for your help.
D. Ashley

6 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Ashley,

yeah it can be caused by it, can be caused by time out as well due internet connection to your server.

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński