Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Upgrade to 4.2.6 hangs at Updating Jomsocial Database > updating Theme

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:
I have Jomsocial installed on two different Joomla installations. Both are current Joomla 3.6.4 installs.

On both of these site, I used the IJoomla Installer to upgrade to the newest version of JomSocial, and in both cases, following the install process as guided by the iJoomla installer, the process hangs at the point where the database is updating the theme. Reloading the page doesn't help, as it just hangs again in the same place. Waiting for 30 minutes still has it sitting here on both sites. See attached screen shot.

I went back to the iJoomla installer and it says that JomSocial is up to date, but I can't access the back end Jomsocial menu area. I attempted to do so and it kicked me into the update session again, and when it went through this process again, it has broken the entire site. Admin and front end now fail with a 500 error.

I'm not going to try this on the other site and have it broken also.

I guess I'll reset from a back up, but I need to know how to get this upgrade done, since it is a security risk.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

7 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Eric,

I need your backend info so I can inspect this directly, would you mind provide it, please?

If your domain already changed, please create new topic and put your request to change domain on our billing category.

thank you!

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I will put in the request to change the primary domain as you suggested.
The two domains that are not updating properly are teamswampfox.com and lakeforesthomeowners.com

Is it safe to provide credentials in this ticket? I cannot tell if this is public or not.

7 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Eric,

Please you put the credentials info inside first topic here www.jomsocial.com/index.php?option=com_k...d=35687&mesid=171076

thank you!

7 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I updated the information so you can get into the site. Let me know how the fix goes. I'll need to repeat the steps on another site on this server.

7 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Eric,

your backend still not working for me, would you mind provide me the correct one, please?

thank you!

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

I'm having the same issue getting stuck on the theme part

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi David
Kindly open a new thread and submit the site details in that for us
prntscr.com/i8yw0f
so we can check and fix this issue for you. It seems there is an issue in your database tables.
Share us phpmyadmin details in the new thread as well,

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński