Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Jomsocial and its long-term issues with performance

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY: I have been with Jomsocial almost 4 years now, and since the day I have worked with it the performance issues was the main gap between my project and the success of it, i'm here to discuss this issue further and hoping to solve it out, we have more than 200k users and we have settle the best Infrastructure for those huge number of users but the performance issue is still happening

Current Infrastructure
- 3 cluster servers for the Database
- 3 servers for the front-end,

The scenario of Issues we are experiencing:
1: the website and the apps is perform very well when there are less than 100 active users

2: the server keep performing well till reaching 1000+ active users

3: when the number of active user increase the server load will go high ,but not more than 50%, then the website/apps will be very slow and almost not down

4- the users will go away due to offline service, but this is the Incredible part of the story, the service will still be offline/very slow for almost 10hrs even there is no active users at all, the performance will keep very slow kinda like there are so much quarries and processing in the servers even it takes very long to open simple page with simple query, after 10hrs of 0 active users the service will be up again and very fast

Current tweak for each forn-end server

max_execution_time = 300
max_input_time = 300
memory_limit = 1024M
post_max_size = 4096M
upload_max_filesize = 4096M
connect_timeout = 120
wait_timeout = 120

I was thinking this causing because of the following:-
- mail queue issue even though we have separated mail server
- cron issues
- some back-end processing that we don't know what is it, so we can set the best Infrastructure

I have gone through every plugin, module and turned on and off to see if there is an effect. I have investigated and come up with empty result . Your help is greatly appreciated

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Maged.

Thank you for contacting us.
I assign your inquiry to person in charge of JomSocila project.
He'll contact you ASAP.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: customer
7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michał,

Will be waiting in high pace

Thanks

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Maged

I was super excited when i read there is a Joomla-based site with thousands of concurrent users, but excitement short lived when i saw the site you left in the secret box was not offline.

Can you please provide the link to this site, and provide the valid access data to the server, preferably in a SSH form, but CPanel will do good as well. Feel free to do it, regardless of the license you hold. We will be more than happy to see and support, and even give you more exposure if you really have a joomla-based website with thousands concurrent users.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello Sinisa,

Site is up with the same link provided in the license , the site was down due to many I/O and one of the mysql servers crashed, please provide me your email for further information such SSH access and other login's details

Thank you

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

I have been excitedly waiting for your response, is everything okay?

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello

Please modify your first post and provide site access details in the secret box.
Make sure you are on https address and never send the sensitive information over email :)

cheers

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

I have edited the first posts and included the development site, for the live site due to different server infrastructure, I need to give you .pem key for the ssh, that's why I asked your email, and I don't think development site would help because there is no traffic there,
we can have a quick Skype conversation if you don't mind?

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

Any updates?

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,
I'm still waiting for you updates
Any updates?

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hello

I have been trying to find the JomSocial installation on your site to see the performance on the frontend, but i can't seem to find how access it.

i even tried to do yoursite.com/index.php?option=com_community but even that redirects me to yoursite.com which does not contain JomSocial at all.

Can you please advise where we can see the JomSocial extension on the frontend of the site?

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

JomSocial is the heart of the website is just we are using redirection to customized registration page, please login using the user I provided just now in the private box of this particular response

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński