Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

[SOLVED] Jomsocial registration emails not being received

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
Registration emails are not being received after new user registers on the website.
Joomla user configuration has been set to 'self'; customized profile fields have been configured and are showing up during the registration process. All registration process pages are displayed normally. I've tested the joomla phpmail function and this is normal. Users registering are created in the backend, if these user accounts are enabled by admin, registration emails are received by the users, so the only issue is the first account verification email is missing.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Click on 'Members'
2 Click on 'Register'
3 Complete the Jomsocial registration pages/custom profile fields, pressing next where prompted.
RESULT No new user registration email is received
EXPECTED RESULT Registration email should be received to be able to verify the account
BROWSER Firefox; Chrome

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Byron

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

the issue not with jomsocial. even sign-up from joomla it self, the email not being received.
please changing joomla email setting from php mailer to SMTP.

you can asking email provider about SMTP detail.

Regards

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Albertus,

Thanks for your quick response. I had already tried creating a joomla user in the backend and received the registration email OK using phpmail. I've changed the mail configuration to smtp, again receiving the backend joomla user creation email OK, but if I go through the jomsocial registration process the email is not sent.

I've upgraded Joomla to 3.6.3; Jomsocial is 4.2.3, any other ideas?

Best Regards,

Byron

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

if you using joomla 3.6.3, please upgrade your jomsocial to 4.2.5

Regards

6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Hi. Im having the same problem. People can sign up but when they click the link in th eemails that are sent all they get is this

Error

The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try again.

I have 40 members who have been stopped from registering can you help

6 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Nigel,

To fix it you need apply this patch www.jomsocial.com/forum/profile-universa...omsocial-form#173869

I hope it will help :)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński