Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Registration issue

7 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ivan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY: new user registration fails to redirect after submitting the form.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Sign Up
2 Complete 1st registration step
3 Complete 2nd registration step and hit "Register"
4 The same page reloads again, after completing and hitting "Register" page opens a new white page with the 1st registration steps.

RESULT: new page opens a new white page with the 1st registration steps.
EXPECTED RESULT: should open my profile page
BROWSER Opera, Chrome, Firefox

Below is the error log:

[02-May-2016 14:16:05 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: name in /home/*****/public_html/templates/gk_msocial/html/modules.php on line 37
[02-May-2016 14:16:05 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: name in /home/*****/public_html/templates/gk_msocial/html/modules.php on line 40
[02-May-2016 14:16:05 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: name in /home/*****/public_html/templates/gk_msocial/html/modules.php on line 107
[02-May-2016 14:17:13 UTC] PHP Warning: Attempt to assign property of non-object in /home/*****/public_html/joobi/node/library/class/globals.php on line 98
[02-May-2016 14:48:21 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/*****/public_html/components/com_community/controllers/register.php on line 577
[02-May-2016 14:48:21 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/*****/public_html/components/com_community/controllers/register.php on line 580
[02-May-2016 14:48:21 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/*****/public_html/components/com_community/controllers/register.php on line 834

I have updated JomSocial and my template to the latest available version, but the problem still persist.

I have submitted the ticket to my template provider, but since there are error logs for JomSocial, I have posted it here as well.

Could you please take a look and assist please?

Many thanks

Ivan

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I cant sign-up without any error

regarding that error message, the user object has been deleted for some reason. it can be from 3rd party extension.
but not sure why I cant replicate it at your site. please elaborate more, what detail that you filled in at 1st step?

Regards

Attachments:
7 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ivan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Albertus,

thanks for your message.

It is because of the email address. I used: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Tried again with: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and it went through. So it might be a bug or it only allows the correct domains?

You can try again and see if you can replicate the problem.

Many thanks

Ivan

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński