Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

iJoomla Installer Issues and JomSocial 4.1.5 - sites are crashing

8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
As many others have reported, your iJoomla Installer is not upgrading JomSocial to 4.1.5. Additionally, it is not saving the license codes anymore. I place the code in the installer for JomSocial, click upgrade and it goes to a blank white screen with the Joomla admin header and footer remaining. Nothing happens. I per another post in the forums I downloaded the latest JomSocial, extracted the latest installer and installed via the Joomla Extensions. Same result. License numbers are not saved anymore and there is now a white screen.

As a result of these attempts to upgrade my JomSocials per the instructions I am now experiencing my JomSocial installations beginning to fail. It is as if the installer had started something and then just stopped causing some sort of issue in the beginning of the installation. This is now happening to two of my sites which have been stable for years. This was the only change I had made.

These sites are using iJoomla Socialize template, Ad Agency, Publisher and JomSocial. I rely on the Installer to keep these updated and it has always worked previously. License codes were always present. All I had to do was click Upgrade. Because of some flaw in the installer my sites are going down.

Others have been reporting the same issues, but support tells us it must be our servers. Not so. It is the installer when we make the first attempt to use it there must be something that is getting changed in the first steps that causes our sites to crash.

I am now getting 500 Internal Server Error only when trying to access the admin backend of JomSocial or a Community link from the front end main menu. ONLY JomSocial is causing this 500 error.

I have even installed JomSocial on top of the current installation in an attempt to fix it. That usually works, but today it is not.

No, this is not happening to my main domain site listed under the license and it's a good thing. That site is up and running with an older version of JomSocial 4.1.3. I always do my upgrades on smaller sites before the main one. As a very long term user of this platform since version 1.5 I am asking for assistance.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I cannot login to administrator page.
please edit your first post at this topic and put joomla super user access detail at site info form (private)

FYI:
if ijoomla installer not works, you can installing jomsoical via joomla extensions manager.

Regards

8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

I've been attempting reinstalls of my sites. I will redirect the domain name back to the original site that has issues for you. Will provide the login information so you can see what is happening. I have two sites affected. I have left my other sites alone due to the issues.

Give me a few minutes. Thank you so much for looking into this. I have been stressing for the last 36 hours. Should not have done any upgrades.

8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Please refer to the Misc Information for the logins of the two sites affected. I will be online waiting if you need anything else.

Thanks.

8 years 3 months ago
  • Ricardo
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Craig,

I'm still having problems to login to your site. Remember to remove current iJoomla Installer and reinstall the latest version. You can grab the latest version if you download JomSocial Package again.

If the problem persists let me know.

Best regards,

8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Again, I did that and that caused the problems. I downloaded the version included with the latest JomSocial 4.1.5, installed it and that is what caused problems. I received a private message from your staff saying there are issues with the SSL and was provided a test version to try. That also did not work.

Please refer to the two domains listed in the misc. It is not the main supported domain.

8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

I received this from Sinisa yesterday ...

Hi Craig
Installer is facing some issues with SSL enabled sites and as we talk our devs are trying to fix it. Meanwhile, can you try to test this installer

I tested it and still get a blank white screen as others are reporting. There is something clearly wrong with the installer. It is not saving our license numbers as before and corrupting our installs.

8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi Craig

We want to help you, but i'm a third support guy which is saying that it can't access your sites.
Please take a look at your opening post and edit "Misc" details.
they only include the links to affected sites, not the login credentials.
The login credentials you left in supported domain do not work for two sites in Misc section.

please edit it properly, and also include the FTP access to both servers too.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

here the result with current access detail:

Regards

Attachments:
8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

All info has been updated to give you full access to the dedicated server of all websites via FTP. Please refer to the directory for the affected site.

The Joomla accounts were disabled from the previous support request. My error. They have been re-enabled.

I see that you have logged in successfully. Let me know if you need anything else.

8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

please check it. it works now. the issue because you put wrong path for joomla logs.
must

/homepages/1/.../htdocs/site_20../logs
not
/homepages/1/..../htdocs/site_20../log

Regards

8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

The site has been there for some time now and never had any issues. There are error logs in the original path that you changed. The other site that is having issues has the same error log path and works fine on the front end, but hangs in the back end.

The iJoomla installer is still not saving the license numbers for the various products.

Again, the only change that happened in the last few weeks was an attempt to use iJoomla installer and upgrade to Jomsocial 4.1.5.

Can we get the other site fixed? The only software that does not work is JomSocial. The rest of the site works fine.

8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

please check it. your both site are running well at front and backend. I did cache clearing.
for ijoomla installer issue please wait Ricardo.

for temporary please upgrade your jomsocial by using conventional way:
1. download latest jomsocial package from jomsocial.com > my account and unzip it
2. upload jomsocial package to joomla backend > extensions > manage.

Regards

8 years 3 months ago
  • Ricardo
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Craig,

I'm still having problem to access to your supported domain.

Warning
Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.

Anyway, go to Joomla! extension manager and send me a snapshot of the iJoomla Installer version.
Thanks!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński