Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Ghost Notification - How to reset?

8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:
Hello, first I wanted to say that I have been really happy with my JomSocial experience and everything so thank you for such a great product! If I put this question/issue is the wrong area I do apologize. So I am having an issue, and I do think I know what caused it but fixing it I have no idea what to do. I have an issue with users having a notification showing, but there is no notification actually there. I believe this was a notification that got deleted (I have them set to auto delete after 30 days) but not read. I think it might have been something I sent out at one time or from one of the groups I had (which have since been disabled) because it is affecting a good handful of my accounts - but anyways my question is how or where would I go to fix this? Is there a way in the database I can reset all the notifications or clear it out so this notification will stop popping up? Thank you!

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Login, check notifications - notifications clear except 1.
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

8 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Morgan,

You can setup and reset the notification from jomsocial backend->configuration->site->privacy, or for individually config you can login to frontend->profile->profile preferences->email and notification

I hope it will help.

tjhank you

8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello Dimas thank you for reply I appreciate your help. I have tried doing that already and it did not work for fixing the notification count it will still appear on the counter even though there is no notifications for the user. When you view the notifications page there is nothing there, and the notification counter will appear back at 1.Any new notifications will clear as they are supposed to and have not been an issue but even after checking those the counter will still go back to showing 1 notification regardless if there is a new one or not.

Edit: I found the culprit and have been able to fix this. Thank you for your time and help it was appreciated. It turned out to be an invite sent out to members to a group that had since been disabled, it still went through to the users but since the group was disabled, it was not visible in the notifications. So if anyone comes across this, I was able to fix this by simply enabling the group again.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński