Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Having problems with customize profile and config links error notice

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

Please help, when i try to customize profile and multiple profiles, the input box is to far up and is hidden under top of browser navigation panel. I also am having problems with links not working under configuration tab, Groups settings tab, Events settings tab, Photo settings tab, video settings tab of dashboard. I get this error message: An error has occurred - string could not be parsed as xml. Most of the links under configuration tab links to this message. (Please view screen shots images of these issues.)

Attachment customizeprofileerror.PNG not found

Attachment confierrorpic.PNG not found

Attachments:
8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

I assign developer to this thread.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

How long will it take to have someone look at this problem. It is really holding me up.

Thanks

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

I fixed problem with configuration links, they are now working without errors but still can't input info to create a customize profile and it's also a problem in the group link because it's stuck at the top of browser. Nothing I do can bring it down to input info on the form. It's just stuck at the top of my browser menu. Please help!!!!

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

A lot of the problems we have can be fixed with already resolved issues. I just looked up the fix for my configuration problems I had with a later version of my jomsocial program and was able to fix it with my new 4.1 issue. At the time I forgot what i had to do to fix this problem. I'm sure that all your fix issues can be used for your customers so we don't have to look through or contact you for all issues. If you can provide us with issues that have been resolved without complication of having to contact you that would be great for you and customers. For example: I had a problem with my configuration links: I just did what I was told and it was resolved (Which you can post in listing for this kind of error in resolved issues). If you can create a page just for resolved issues that don't take us forever to find or look up, it would be great! I have a problem with customize profile (which I am sure you helped a customer with but i con't find the fix for that issue and have to wait for a reply) I should not have to contact you about this if it was resolved with another customer (POST IT SO I CAN FIX IT). Post the fixes to these issues for us and make it plain in all problem areas and we can fix what needs to be fix without having to go through the problem of contacting you! We all have the same problems and have to ask you for help for the same problems. Your search engine is not helping us in this area. Just create a page or pages with a title of the issue and give the different fixes you have proposed.

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

not sure why this issue only happening at your site. please edit:
[site root]/administrator/templates/isis/css/template.css

and put this CSS

#js-cpanel .modal {
  top: 50%;
}

at the bottom of page.

Regards

8 years 7 months ago