Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Kunena plugin feed language

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,
on a users profile we have activated the kunena plugin feed.
We would like to change the language strings, as there are errors.
"Thread name on posting time" Basically we need to remove the ON.

I can not find the language string anywhere, would you mind pointing me in the right direction?
Thanks,
matt

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Matthias.

Please, try to use Joomla! language override feature to locate and change this text:
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Changin...gle_Sentence_or_Word

Also, please, be aware that we terminated support for Kunena plugins.
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Kunena_Plugin

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dear Michal,

thank you. I understand the overrides. My problem is simply, that I do not find the language string producing this image:
documentation.jomsocial.com/images/7/72/Kunenadisplay.png

I am looking for the language string responsible for "XYZ in ABC on 2 weeks ago"

The articles do not show that. Do you know by any chance in which file this string ist to be found?
Thank you,
Matt

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Matthias.

NOTICE:
I apologize but from tomorrow I leave on holidays and I'll be back on duty at 22 July. Another Support member will guide you further.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthias
8 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

You should edit this file as well plugins/community/mykunena/mykunena.php, change this code :

<div class="content">
						<a href="<?php echo KunenaRoute::_ ( "index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid={$item->catid}&id={$item->thread}&mesid={$item->id}" ); ?>" class="kjsubject"><?php echo $item->getTopic()->displayField('subject'); ?></a> <?php echo JText::_('PLG_COMMUNITY_MYKUNENA_POST_IN'); ?>
						<a href="<?php echo KunenaRoute::_ ( "index.php?option=com_kunena&view=category&catid={$item->catid}" ); ?>" class="kjcategory"><?php echo $item->getCategory()->displayField('name'); ?></a> <?php echo JText::_('PLG_COMMUNITY_MYKUNENA_POST_ON'); ?>
						<span class="kjdate"><?php echo version_compare(JVERSION, '1.7','>') ? $postDate->Format ( JText::_ ( 'DATE_FORMAT_LC2' ) ) : $postDate->toFormat ( JText::_('DATE_FORMAT_LC2')) ?></span>
					</div>

anyway, please let me know what do you want to do with it? what is your new string language? maybe I can help you.

thank you

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dear Dimas,
thank you for your reply.
Please note that I do not have this file:
plugins/community/mykunena/mykunena.php

but

plugins/community/kunena/kunena.php
only.

In this one the code can not be found... The string must be somewhere else in the latest JomSocial version...

Basically I try to change faulty grammar.

Any idea?
Thank you,
Matt

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Matthias,

please give me the URL of user profile which having that plugin with content (not empty).
and give me FTP access detail by editing your firs post at this topic and put it at site info form.

Regards

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,
thank you! I edited the post and supplied the FTP Access Information.
Also I put under MISC the Info for the profile and further details.
Thank you,
Matt

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Matthias,

here the changes that I put:
/plugins/community/kunena/kunena.php at line 188, I replaced "on" with "-"

Regards

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

PERFECT!
Thank you Albertus!

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dear Albertus,

sorry to hassle you again. While the text is correct now, the links return a 404 error on any profile.

Thank you,
Matt

8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

please check it I put the fix at line 177

$fbURL = JRoute::_("index.php?option=com_kunena&amp;func=view" . $fbItemid . "&amp;catid=" . $item->catid . "&amp;id=" . $item->id . "#" . $item->id);
$fbCatURL = JRoute::_("index.php?option=com_kunena" . $fbItemid . "&amp;func=showcat&amp;catid=" . $item->catid);
changing it to
$fbURL = JRoute::_("index.php?option=com_kunena&amp;view=topic" . $fbItemid . "&amp;catid=" . $item->catid . "&amp;id=" . $item->id . "#" . $item->id);
$fbCatURL = JRoute::_("index.php?option=com_kunena" . $fbItemid . "&amp;view=category&amp;catid=" . $item->catid);

Regards

8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Albertus,
thank you! The 404 error is gone, however the path does not seem correct.

e.g. it routes to:
/secret-lounge/forum/diskussionsbereich/158.html#158
instead of
/secret-lounge/forum/diskussionsbereich/59-ein-neuer-tag-eine-neue-herausforderung.html#158

and therefore gives a permission denied.
Thank you,
Matt

8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I found a bug. I put this code for fix:

$fbURL = JURI::base()."index.php?option=com_kunena&amp;func=view" . $fbItemid . "&amp;catid=" . $item->catid . "&amp;id=" . $item->id . "#" . $item->id;
$fbCatURL = JURI::base()."index.php?option=com_kunena" . $fbItemid . "&amp;func=showcat&amp;catid=" . $item->catid;

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński