Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Error log server exploding after cronjob

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

I can confirm the bug within this issue mentioned here:
www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/267...aching-30-gb-in-days

To narrow down your search it's cronjob related. The moment the cronjob runs the server error_log builds from 124Mb to over 2.7Gb within minutes!

The erorr_log shows:

[Wed May 20 18:16:03 2015] [warn] [client 92.111.148.243] FastCGI: too much stderr received from server "/var/www/clients/client2/web80/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-*-80-localhost", increase FCGI_SERVER_MAX_STDERR_LINE_LEN (1023) and rebuild or use "\\n" to terminate lines
[Wed May 20 18:16:03 2015] [error] [client 92.111.148.243] FastCGI: server "/var/www/clients/client2/web80/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-*-80-localhost" stderr: PHP message: PHP Warning: readdir() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/clients/client2/web80/web/components/com_community/libraries/cron.php on line 848

8 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Rookiegirl,

Too much warning error, I will report this

thank you

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Dimas,

I see in the other Forum post that there has been a solution: www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/267...aching-30-gb-in-days

Is this fix implemented in the 4.0.7 version ?

A note about the workflow of your support department:

I find it very strange that i cannot reply on a forum post someone else started. This means (and that is also what happens) that several people are opening issues about the same subject. Resulting that i, as customer, need to browse all related subjects to see if the problem is solved somewhere. Please change this workflow !

Jasper

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Rookiegirl.

1.Yes, solution provided by Albertus in thread you linked is a advised workaround. This issue was reported as a bug to our developers and it will be fixed soon. Now just use Albertus fix.

2. We disabled posting for users in someone else thread for few reasons:

- it become extremely hard for us to talk with 2... 3... even for users in one thread
- it's also annoying when users open few month old threads only because they think they have similar issue
- very often issues look similar but they have different cause
- users post in the thread that they have similar issue... when we're in the middle of investigation or conversation with first user... asking us to investigate his issue too
- also it's easier to track one thread with one user who reported one issue - then there are no doubts on which site issue is located/ was discovered
- nearly 80% of reported issues are site specific issues so each issue reported is and individual case
- for users it's easier to find and read threads with one issue rather than whole conversation between 4-5 users with similar issues (and thread with 4 pages)

I hope I explained why this forum rule is so important. In past we asked users to NOT post in other users threads.... but seems blocking was only solution ;)

Have a great day!

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I have applied the mentioned fix ( www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/267...aching-30-gb-in-days ) in the normal file ([joomla site root]/components/com_community/templates/jomsocial/layouts/stream/single-comment.php) as i do not use the Jomsocial socialize template.

But it does not solve the problem. When running the cronjob the apache error log exploded from 4Mb to 1Gb in 3 minutes!

Error message:

[Sun Jun 07 20:17:04 2015] [warn] [client 92.111.148.243] FastCGI: too much stderr received from server "/var/www/clients/client2/web80/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-*-80-domain.com", increase FCGI_SERVER_MAX_STDERR_LINE_LEN (1023) and rebuild or use "\\n" to terminate lines
[Sun Jun 07 20:17:04 2015] [error] [client 92.111.148.243] FastCGI: server "/var/www/clients/client2/web80/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-*-80-domain.com" stderr: PHP message: PHP Warning:  readdir() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/clients/client2/web80/web/components/com_community/libraries/cron.php on line 848

Jasper

8 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jasper,

Please you open this file components/com_community/libraries/cron.php, find this code :

while (false !== ( $file = readdir($dh) )) {

replace to:
while (false !== ( $file = @readdir($dh) )) {

I hope it will minimalize the error log

thank you

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

Unfortunately it does not make any difference. I applied this hack together with the hack mentioned in this post: www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/267...aching-30-gb-in-days (but then i changed the core file)

But the error.log grows to 1Gb within 1 minute when running the cron.

[Tue Jun 09 17:45:05 2015] [error] [client 92.111.148.243] FastCGI: server "/var/www/clients/client2/web80/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-*-80-domain.com" stderr: PHP message: PHP Warning:  is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/clients/client2/web80/web/images/csv_import//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////...
[Tue Jun 09 17:45:05 2015] [warn] [client 92.111.148.243] FastCGI: too much stderr received from server "/var/www/clients/client2/web80/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-*-80-domain.com", increase FCGI_SERVER_MAX_STDERR_LINE_LEN (1023) and rebuild or use "\\n" to terminate lines

I am wondering if we are the ony ones having this issue?
Database Version	5.5.43-0+deb7u1
Database Collation	utf8_unicode_ci
PHP Version	5.4.41-0+deb7u1
Web Server	Apache/2.2.22 (Debian)
WebServer to PHP Interface	fpm-fcgi

Jasper

8 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jasper,

Please you disable library open_basedir? right now you still enable it.

thank you

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński