Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

RSS Feeds Not Working since upgrade

9 years 4 days ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY: We have upgraded jomsocial and all our RSS feeds are now giving this error.

XML Parsing Error: XML or text declaration not at start of entity

Line Number 3, Column 1:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><rss version="2.0">
^
Please advise what do to as there are now 2 blank lines.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

9 years 4 days ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Still Nothing?

Its been 6 hours.

9 years 3 days ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

I am sorry for delay answer, since version 2.8 we removed the RSS feeds feature, it cant be used anymore.

thank you

9 years 3 days ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello DImas,

The issue is not related to RSS from Jomsocial. We have a Joomla 3+ website together with Jreviews 2.6.5.1, T3 framework and Jomsocial Professional and it was running normally. Jreviews provides RSS feeds on their listing pages which were also showing.

On May 7th we have upgraded Jomsocial from 3.5 to 4.0.5 with the iJoomla installer (the preffered way) and after that time we have a problem that something is injecting blank lines into all Joomla pages, html and scripts. This results in that the RSS feeds we had with Jreviews are not validating anymore.

Example URLs:
authorsdb.com/authors-directory/18891-dana-davis (view source please, 2 blank lines starting)
authorsdb.com/authors-directory (jreviews listings available, also source 2 blank lines)
authorsdb.com/authors-directory/rss (rss validating error of the above link rss)

Steps taken:
1. We have de-activated every plugin from all software available on the website but the issue persists.
2. We have done a fresh 4.0.5 package install with the extenstion manager, the issue persists

3. We have rebuild a fresh Jreviews & Jomsocial install combination to see if there was a conflict between the versions, which is not.

Because it happened after the Jomsocial upgrade we eventually think that somehow Jomsocial is causing this issue.
Backend access and/or FTP access can be provided.

Jasper

9 years 2 days ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

hi Jasper,

I cant access authorsdb.com , its loading forever on my end.

well, i think we have extract space on jomsocial code, but I am not sure from which file, since we have bunch of files to check this. I suggest you contact Jreviews developer, and ask before the XML RSS be printed please trim the code first, and delete the extra space. I think that will be a solution

thank you

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

We have the same problem again. The first problem we fixed with reverse back up. Now one of our tech upgraded jomsocial and again it added the same space and we get the same error.

This is not a jreviews issue, it's a jomsocial upgrade issue.

Please advise how to extract space from jomsocial, jreviews and joomla since upgrade of jomsocial?

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Solved: The default Joomla index.php had a starting blanc line by default
found out while comparing all files with the default Joomla 3.4.1 package

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński