Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Registration Issue after JomSocial Upgrade

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
I'm facing a problem with registration using JFBConnect after upgradation of JomSocial. I also contact JFBConnect support team they are told me its not a issue which JFBConnect and SClogin plugin. I hope you guys can help to resolve this issue. This Issue appear after upgrade of JomSocial and I think it may be conflict between JomSocial and SClogin.
Issue is if I register as a new user with facebook I will receive username as "Facebook" and password as "email address of my facebook account" and I'm not able to login with new registered user.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1. Goto StepONE community
2. Register new user with Facebook
RESULT : Will get email with username as "Facebook" and password as "facebook email id"
EXPECTED RESULT : Email contain username as "facebook email id" and password as "random password"
BROWSER : Chrome

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Sougata.

I'm sorry to say that but they are wrong. email that receive is not generated in JomSocial: prntscr.com/6n7oyv
Our activation emails look like this: prntscr.com/6n7p6a
And never contain user credentials.

Also when user is logged/register via Facebook JomSocial never send activation emails - tere is no need for this.

Also you may check in jomSocial language overrides that notices displayed after FB registration and those in email are coming from JFBC (I can't do this as you failed to provide us working backend credentials).

So you should push JFBC developers to take a closer look into your issue.

Please, edit your first post and provide Su credentials and I prove that this is JFBC issue.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal,

I have provided my SU details in "Test/Development Site Information" field. Please check.

Thanks,
Ashwin KS

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Sougata.

This is final proof:

COM_JFBCONNECT_EMAIL_REGISTERED_WITH_ACTIVATION_BODY = Hello %s,\n\nThank you for registering at %s. Your account is created and must be activated before you can use it.\nTo activate the account click on the following link or copy-paste it in your browser:\n%s \n\nAfter activation you may login to %s using your %s credentials or the following username and password:\n\nUsername: %s\nPassword: %s

As you can see here: prntscr.com/6n7oyv it's the same text. And on the beginning of language constant you have COM_JFBCONNECT - so this belongs and is generated by JFBC.

Please, contact them as this issue is caused by their extension.

You may do an additional test. Just disable all related with JFBC and use only JomSocial Facebook connection. You'll notice that FB registration flow is quite different and no activation link is send (as it's not needed because FB account already validate new account creation).

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sougata
9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank you very much Michal :)

Regards,
Ashwin KS

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński