Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Joomla-backend very slow after installation

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Just installed (OK, last night..) Jomsocial. Some problems with the php-configuration, but solved now.
Application runs fast at the frontend.........but Joomla at the backend is slow as a snake! A very slow snake.

Is that normal? For testing this, I uninstalled Joomsocial.....Joomla is fast as hell. Has somebody an idea, what happens?

Server-configuration: 2 Prozessors, 64 GIG Ram.......Debian 7

Greetings from Hamburg/Germany

Karlo

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Karl.

I'm sorry but you need to specify supported domain. Now your supported domain is... No domain
You must request domain change.
Post a request here: www.jomsocial.com/forum/billing-issues
Without valid domain as supported domain I can't provide you support.

Please, update this thread after domain change request will be accepted.
Edit your first post and correct credentials.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl-Michael
9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal!

Thank you for the quick answer. Unfortunatly it´s impossible to load up the installation in a domain, for security reasons we are in a strictly private network.....

But I found out that there is a problem in the mysql-database. For the first step, I just install the application on a different server and a different OS. On the old system i´m working with virtual servers, may be, that thats a reason for the problems.

I will let you know, what happens on the different system......may be in some hours.

Greetings

Karlo

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Karl.

Oh, if it's localhost or intranet... then I can't help much... as in most cases I need to see issue, debug it... but we'll see what you figured out. Maybe I could help with advise...

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Just installed on a different server a windows 7 64 bit system, xampp, edited the php.ini file and finally installed joomla 3.3 and jomsocial.

Runs as hell.....both, fronend and backend. So it seems, that I have a problem with the debian system or the configuration of the system. Next step is, to install a debian system on the different machine and then looking, what happens.

I will try out everything before installing a nearly productiv-system...

Are you interested in results?

Greeting

Karlo

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Karel.

Sure I'm interested. And other user may be interested as well.
When you start Joomla! with JomSocial browse to Backend -> System -> Global configuration -> System-> System analyze and enable debugging console. From now below whole content you'll have additional space with debug data. Most important will be the one with load times and memory usage. If you don't mind, please, add printscreens here using this service: prntscr.com/

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired
9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Karl.

This printscreen was taken on JomSocial dashboard?
On that slow system?

Data says that mos time to load take... admin submenu... core backend module of Joomla! :)

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Problem solved until further notice.

Deinstallation of the Jomsocial software, from this moment on Joomla (Frontend and Backend) runs with the normal speed. Ok, so it seems, that the problem comes from the Jomsocial-Software.

In the next step, I used the tools from PhPMyadmin for optimizing the database tabels, then a new install of the Jomsocial-software. By installing the software, there is a table shown, where Jomsocial shows some hardeware specifications, marked with green, yellow or red colour. In my case, two items were highlighted in yellow. "max_execution_time" and "max_input_time" had values of 60. I changed both values and entered the recommended values. Some other settings in the PHP_ini I had changed and adapted yesterday.

At least, I activated the cache in Joomla basic configuration. Now, everything is ok, end the machine is running.

Conclusion: Obviously, you should really follow all instructions during software installation and configuration should exactly correspond very closely to the requirements ...

Edit after 20 minutes: Sorry, I was too fast.....same problem. I will stop for today and install the system on a different machine.

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Last message for this:

We are using a Debian-server with more than 6 virtual servers. That seems to be the reason for the problems. Last night, I build a new machine with one virtual server, same configuration, Joomla is very slow. Then I built a server without using the virtual machine....same configuration, but now using Apache 2 and MySQL (reconfigured by hand).......and everything runs fine.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński