Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Weired formating of emails

9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alex
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hey how goes i'm getting some wired formatted emails for the aprooval of the registration

- A new user has registered at TechNet-21. Another email will be sent for your approval once the user has verified his or her email.
This e-mail contains the details:

Name: technet-21.org/index.php?option=com_comm...4d67837d31bb82a57398
E-mail: technet-21.org/index.php?option=com_comm...4d67837d31bb82a57398
Username: Alex

Please do not respond to this message. This message is automatically generated and is sent for your information only.

as you can see its not formatted correctly and i'm not sure why
any ideas

Best

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Alex,

please check it. I fixed for you, seem the language file at your site not uptodate. So I put overrides for it.
1. Joomla language manager > overrides
2. I added this:

COM_COMMUNITY_USER_REGISTERED_NEEDS_APPROVAL="Hello %s,\n\nA new user has registered at %s and requires Administrator's approval. You can activate this user by clicking on this link: <a href="%s">%s</a>. \nThis e-mail contains the details:\n\nName: %s\nE-mail: %s\nUsername: %s\n\nPlease do not respond to this message. This message is automatically generated and is sent for your information only."

COM_COMMUNITY_USER_REGISTERED_NEEDS_APPROVAL_TITLE="New user registered and is awaiting administrator's approval at %s"

Regards,
Albert

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex
9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alex
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Good man thanks very much,
I'm actually having loads of problems on the site so i've decided to completely rebuild the site, I've just finished installing the latest version of Jomsocial but i'm falling into a 500 error when ever i try and make a discussion in the groups, I'm manually updating the database as i go a long so was just wondering what table might cause this

All the best
Alex

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Alex,

let me check it for you. it might be server issues. your rebuild site at Test/Development Site?
URL: clients.yoursitedomain.com/v14/Technet is not access able at here.
server not found.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alex
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hey sorry hadn't see your message, i figured ir out, it was because the menus needed to be recreated.

- one small question how can i make an override for images, for example the Event default cover, i need to change the default but i keep forgetting that its been changed and don't update it when i update jomsocial. I can't seem to figure out what file I'm supposed to override

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Alex,

to override default images. put override images at:
/templates/yourTemplateName/html/com_community/images/

here the complete doc:
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Replacing_Default_Avatar

Regards,
Albert

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński