Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

A menu link for My Group or a specific user's group

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Tariq
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hello,

I am trying to create a menu for a particular Group. I was selecting menu item type -My Group but it is not working. My Group menu item type is not allowing me to select a particular user, instead it is creating All Group menu option. My requirement is to create a menu item for a particular Group. How can I do that ?
Thanks

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Tariq.

Try to copy group URL from browser URL field and create menu item as external URL, then use your copied URL.
That's the only way as you can't create menu item that direct to a specific group via JomSocial menu types.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Tariq
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Thanks Michal for your quick response.

Yes, I did that when I did not find any other solution, but the problem is I can not add any new or custom module on that particular group page. Is there any other I can add new modules (sidebar 2 or 1 or any positions) only for that particular group page (which one i will select for a new menu item)?

Thanks

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Tariq.

Yes, there is a way :) Please, read this topic: www.jomsocial.com/forum/modules-plugins-...group?start=14#85440 you'll find there what files to modify and code snippet that creates module position that is loaded only when particular group is displayed.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Tariq
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

Thanks for this information.

<?php if (($group->id) == '62') { ?>
<?php $this->renderModules( 'hunting-group' ); ?>
<?php } ?>
What is 'hunting-group' and how do I get this name for my module for example "Send Friend Request"?

What about adding a specific module on the Socialize template position Sidebar 1 and Sidebar 2 for a particular group?

Thanks

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Tariq.

"hunting-group" is a module position name. You can change it to anything you want but without spaces, special characters (except - and _) using non-latin characters.

"Send Friend Request" is title of module, it will be displayed by default unless you disable title display in module configuration.

NO, you can't add module for specific group in sidebars as then you'll need to set display module for certain menu item ID. And groups don't have OWN menu item ID.

BUT there may be solution for this... try to use this extension: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a...les-management/10307

It allows you to assign modules to certain URL: prntscr.com/4qewxz
Never tried it... but you can give it a try...

EDIT:

Just tried it a second a go :) Work as gold!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński