Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

URLs to images - profiles broken in COMMUNITY - MEMBERS MODULE and other se

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi, I just installed Jomsocial and I'm very happy I chose it over CB. However, there a couple of issues (as usual with everything).

One of them is that Jomsocial is adding my site's name to urls. For example:

http://www.lobotoradio.com/lobotoradio/en/profile/1134-gustavo-yanez#.VAoYN-M8B8E

Se second "lobotoradio" breaks the site. If removed url works. This is happening all over the site, but it's specially visible on the MEMBERS MODULE, because is on the main page and all the pictures are broken because of that extra folder in the url.

Have this being addressed before, Can someone help me or point me to a thread with the solution? Thanks.

9 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Gustavo,

Would you mind provide me the FTP access, please? so I can inspect this issue further.

thank you!

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Just added ftp info to previous post. Not sure if that's the right way though.

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I'm also attaching a couple of screengrabs of the problem to make it easier to figure out a solution. Thanks in advance for the help :)

Attachments:
9 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Most of your issue cuased by the 3rd party, I think its coming from falang component, but this issue should be fixed by disabled the SEF configuration.

Anwyay, did you remove atomic / beez template? for easy way debug the issue you need that default joomla template.

thank you

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks for you help. I just unistalled falang. I installed it to test after I posted in the forum. That is one big piece of buggy piece of crap so it's gone.

I just reinstalled the two templates if you need them and disabled everything to test but problem continues. I only have a couple of components and plugins running in joomla. Before installing jomsocial was very proud of my short list of active stuff. Jomsocial changed all that.

You let sef off but I don't see how that helps. I just browsed through mainpage and pictures are dead even without sef. Do you know where those links are created? In what file? There must be a code there adding that extra folder. Disabling sef should be out of the question. Or jomsocial needs sef off?

Attachment Sinttulo.png not found

Attachments:
9 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Gustavo,

Did you disabled Jomsocial ? I cant access this anymore www.lobotoradio.com/index.php?option=com_community

thank you

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I installed and re-installed jomsocial a few times by now. Did it on a clean Joomla 3.3.3 installation without any plugins or components or modules and it just didn't work. Right now I'm back where I was over the weekend. Jomsocial doesn't like SEF. When off everything works. As soon as SEF is own pictures and links get added and extra folder in the url (/lobotoradio/).

The only things that occurs to me is that somehow it is reading the subfolder where my website is installed (/lobotoradio). That is the only folder in my whole server named lobotoradio. It could also be that the itemid is not set in the url while on sef, but I have no way to know that.

If it is of any help, except for the COMMUNITY - MEMBERS MODULE, which is fucked up all the time while using SEF, the other problems happen when there's an action in the website. Uploading a picture, or writing a status, for example, will break images and links. But if the page is refreshed, everything looks good. Any ideas?

9 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Gustavo,

I just checked it and seems working fine,but I am not sure why the list thumb become 1 colomn, maybe you modified something?

thank you

Attachments:
9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks for your feedback. I haven't touched jomsocial at all. No yet anyway :D Not sure why the module is showing images like that on your computer. It looks fine around here. Just tested in every major browser.

Right now jomsocial seems working like it's supposed to (even if there some minor issues here and there). But the problem is that it doesn't want to work with SEF. The moment I turn SEF of the members module and the refresh after actions breaks links and images with that extra folder in the url. I'm attaching a picture where you can see the problem.

If that extra folder is removed, the website works. I don't know what is adding that folder.

Attachments:
9 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Gustavo,

I see you have extension SiteLinkX, what is that for? if you disabled it will the issue solved? please try..

If not I need to inspect the issue into very deep code.

thank you

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Sitelinxs creates internal links through keywords. It's really awesome to link component content.
Anyway, I installed Jomsocial and Joomla again from zero. The problem was still there, but I think found the solution.

Playing around with settings I found out that public $live_site in the configuration files was empty. public $live_site = ''; I never had an issue with this but apparently Jomsocial doesn't like it because after adding that setting everything works as far as I can tell :) Community members module works and updating status or uploading files or links doesn't break anything :) Everything worked in SEF too.

Problem I have now is that I changed the alias name of the home menu item from "jomsocial" to "community". Jomsocial didn't like that and now gives a 404 error. I tried changing it back jomsocial, but it din't work. Feel like something broke when I changed the alias. Any ideas?

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

And by the way, thanks for your support. I tried Community Builder before Jomsocial and I have never seen a support forum as disrespectful as that one to their customers. Here at Jomsocial you're doing it right :)

9 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Gustavo,

Please check again, should work fine now, this issue was caused by your jomsocial menu, you set it to alias not to the correct jomsocial home page.

if you happy with out support, please you write review on JED extensions.joomla.org/extensions/clients...ies/communities/7608

Thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński