Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

wrong activation url

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • alfredo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

hi, i just set up the smtp server in joomla, so this is the first email from jomsocial.
I noticed the generated activation url has an error in it:

qqqhttp://SITE.it/index.php?option=com_community&view=register&task=activate&token=96e49e3211724737621786f8abea2cee"

please see qqqhttp://, is that a secret protocol?

other questions:
-how can i customize the email template?
-where is the email sent history?

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Alfredo,

here the email template and to fix "QQQ" issue
open /language/en-GB/en-GB.com_community.ini
find COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_REGISTRATION_REQUIRES_ACTIVATION and COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_REGISTRATION_COMPLETED_REQUIRES_ACTIVATION. replace _QQQ_ with single quote (')

email activation doesn't have history. becuase by default Josocial using Joomla way for that.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alfredo.

Use Joomla! language override feature to edit language constant that contains that string: www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/joom...ew-language-override

You can customize emails template by editing files in ROOT/components/com_community/templates/default with name like:
email.some.title.html.php

All those are html templates for emails.

Email records are stored in Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Monitor -> Mail Queue. But this list doesn't store activation emails.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • alfredo
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

this is my lang vars:
Italian

COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_REGISTRATION_REQUIRES_ACTIVATION="Ciao %s,\n\nGrazie per esserti registrato su %s. Il tuo account è stato creato e deve essere attivato prima che tu possa effettuare l'accesso.\nPer attivare l'account, clicca sul seguente link oppure copialo e incollalo nel tuo browser:\n\t<a href=QQQ%3$s_QQQ_>%3$s</a>\n\nDopo l'attivazione potrai effettuare l'accesso su %s usando i seguenti dati:\n\nNome utente: %s\nPassword: %s"
english
COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_REGISTRATION_REQUIRES_ACTIVATION="Hello %s,\n\nThank you for registering at %s. Your account is created and must be activated before you can log in.\nTo activate the account, click on the following link or copy-&amp;-paste it in your browser:\n\t<a href=_QQQ_%3$s_QQQ_>%3$s</a>\n\nAfter activation you may login to %s using the following username and password:\n\nUsername: %s\nPassword: %s"

i dont think i whould solve with a sigle quote..
i noticed another issue: i receive the activation mail with the linked url the first time, if i resend the activation mail the url is not linked anymore (it is just plain text), is that normal?

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alfredo.

To make it clear: _QQQ_ = ". As quotation mark " is used in language file, it's replaced with special sign. In Spanish translation this tag is wrong: QQQ, that means nothing. So add _ to tag and it should work.

You may also use my method described here: www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/142...does-not-click#71962

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • alfredo
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

uhm i changed the italian ini file as you said (not in backend, directly in the ini file), but nothing changed, i even tried to change the text message..nothing changed..

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Alfredo.

You haven't try language override... please, try it.

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • alfredo
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

now i made it, nothing changed..something is going wrong..

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Alfredo,

at Italian as you can see the

QQQ
is wrong it must
_QQQ_
that will be converted to single quote.
if still problem try this:
COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_REGISTRATION_REQUIRES_ACTIVATION="Ciao %s,\n\nGrazie per esserti registrato su %s. Il tuo account è stato creato e deve essere attivato prima che tu possa effettuare l'accesso.\nPer attivare l'account, clicca sul seguente link oppure copialo e incollalo nel tuo browser:\n\t<a href='%3$s'>%3$s</a>\n\nDopo l'attivazione potrai effettuare l'accesso su %s usando i seguenti dati:\n\nNome utente: %s\nPassword: %s"

Regards,
Albert

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • alfredo
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

let me be clear, i tried your solutions: '%3$s' and _QQQ_%3$s_QQQ_

but nothing changes..it's like i'm editing the wrong lang var..

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Alfredo,

please provide me FTP access detail. I will do it for you.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Alfredo,

I just check it at language override (joomla) backend. the value for COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_REGISTRATION_REQUIRES_ACTIVATION was wrong:

CCCiao %s,\n\nGrazie per esserti registrato su %s. Il tuo account è stato creato e deve essere attivato prima che tu possa effettuare l'accesso.\nPer attivare l'account, clicca sul seguente link oppure copialo e incollalo nel tuo browser:\n\t<a href="_QQQ_%3$s_QQQ_">%3$s</a>\n\nDopo l'attivazione potrai effettuare l'accesso su %s usando i seguenti dati:\n\nNome utente: %s\nPassword: %s

I changed it to
CCCiao %s,\n\nGrazie per esserti registrato su %s. Il tuo account è stato creato e deve essere attivato prima che tu possa effettuare l'accesso.\nPer attivare l'account, clicca sul seguente link oppure copialo e incollalo nel tuo browser:\n\t<a href='%3$s'>%3$s</a>\n\nDopo l'attivazione potrai effettuare l'accesso su %s usando i seguenti dati:\n\nNome utente: %s\nPassword: %s

if still not wrong. please provide me FTP access detail.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • alfredo
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

i provided you the ftp credentials in first post. please check.

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Alfredo,

please check it again. I made the fixes for you.
/language/it-IT/it-IT.com_community.ini line 2462:

From
COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_REGISTRATION_COMPLETED_REQUIRES_ACTIVATION="Ciao %1$s,\n\nGrazie per esserti registrato su %2$s. Il tuo account è stato creato e deve essere attivato prima che tu possa effettuare l'accesso.\nPer attivare l'account, clicca sul seguente link oppure copialo e incollalo nel tuo browser:\n\t<a href=QQQ%3$s_QQQ_>%3$s</a>\n\nDopo l'attivazione potrai effettuare l'accesso su %4$s usando il tuo nome utente e password."

To
COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_REGISTRATION_COMPLETED_REQUIRES_ACTIVATION="Ciao %1$s,\n\nGrazie per esserti registrato su %2$s. Il tuo account è stato creato e deve essere attivato prima che tu possa effettuare l'accesso.\nPer attivare l'account, clicca sul seguente link oppure copialo e incollalo nel tuo browser:\n\t<a href=_QQQ_%3$s_QQQ_>%3$s</a>\n\nDopo l'attivazione potrai effettuare l'accesso su %4$s usando il tuo nome utente e password."

Regards,
Albert

Attachments:
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński