Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Site breaks after upgrade to 3.2.0.5 from 3.1

10 years 19 hours ago
    Topic Author
  • Ark
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I upgraded our live chat survivor support site from JomSocial 3.1x to 3.2.0.5 and all appeared to go well but now when we log-in with JomSocial enabled, nobody can go anywhere on our site. The site is built on Joomla 3.3.

Once logged-in the screen shows ONLY logged in users and no access to anything else as you will see in the attached image (-1). From that point I cannot even put in my main site url to take me to the hoome page to log out of the site because those same logged in user images show everywhere with no access to any site text or modules. So I force logged-out everyone from the site in the admin area then disabled all of Jomsocial 3.2.0.5 completely. Then when I logged in again we regained access to our complete site and its main multi-chat room area provided by AV Chat.

I have Akeeba Admin Tools security software enabled on the site due to massive hacker attacks we had between Christmas 2013 and end January 2014. Those happened with previous versions of JomSocial and AVChat. JomSocial was working great on the site as we added every feature of Admin tools so I do not believe it is the culprit because once I disable JomSocial completely the site returns to full functionality. Also, I had disabled the Admin Tools security enhanced .htaccess file on the second installation attempt just in case it was causing any issue, but we received the same results even with it disabled.

That being said, IF you think Admin Tools culd have blocked something during installation without sending me a single error or site breach report, then I would need to know exectly which PHP files I should allow full access through Adminn Tools to before we try again.

Attachments:
10 years 6 hours ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Ark of Hope for Children,
I am afraid to touch the site as it is live.
Can you clone the site under a directory or sub domain?
Thanks

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ark
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Ashraf,

We have a test site where I run everything first and the install worked perfectly there with no problem.

I would like your input on my doing something to clone the normal site to the location of test site please so I dont screw it up.
I have Akeeba backup installed on both, so I know I can backup the site from one place, and restore it to the other. (This is how we created the test site in the first place.)
Can I just do that same process again to bacup the current site then use that to effectively overwrite the test site (as long as I am careful about telling the Akeeba backup process to overwirte only the database of the test site?
Sincerely,
Blair

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ark
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

After much paying around and turning all components and pieces off, then on one at a time I discovered that the issue was being caused by 3 components that were left over from 3.0 Beta_02
Community - Latest Members
Community - Online Users
Community - Upcoming Events

The modules have been replaced with ones using the 3.2.0.5 release and the beta components removed from the system. Thank you for trying to help.
Blair

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński