Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Installation problems

10 years 4 days ago
    Topic Author
  • Kamil
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hi,

I want to install JomSocial on my local machine (win xp). I installed xampp and newest joomla (3.2.3). Then following installation guide I installed iJoomla installer. After that when I was trying to open iJoomla Installer from the menu after a long time I received error (error screen in the attachement). I read on you site that it is possible that the installer has errors so I started installing Jomsocial (3.2RC3) without installer. Istallation was successfull but my joomla administration page started to work extremaly slow. Additionally there was an error shown when I clicked JomSocial Dashoboard (error2 in the attachement). I thought maybe there are configuration options that I can change to make Jomsocial work faster. I chose Configuration/Site and I received another error (error3 in the attachement). I thought maybe Jomsocial 3.2 still needs some time before it will not have bugs so I installed version 3.1.1. I had the same problems: really slow administration page, errors. Then I downloaded joomla 3.2.0 and installed Jomsocial 3.1.1 on it. The same problems. Could you please tell me why I have those errors and why Jomsocial is working so slow? I increased php.ini memory_limit to 1024Mand post_max_size to 4096M but it still did not help. I am installing it on my local computer so I am not able to provide credentials to my online page.

Regards,
Kamil

Attachments:
10 years 4 days ago
Licenses:

Cześć Kamil.

Notices are not error but... well, notices :)
They should not influence JomSocial performance.
Do you have cURL enabled in your localhost?
Try to disable errors display and turn off developer mode for Joomla!

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 4 days ago
    Topic Author
  • Kamil
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Czesc Miachal :D,

cURL is enabled. The last screen shows error not notice. Still problems with speed.

10 years 4 days ago
    Topic Author
  • Kamil
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi again,

I found out what is the problem with last error. Probably I cannot make a call from the local network.
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Network Error</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT face="Helvetica">
<big>
<strong></strong>
</big>
<BR>
</FONT>
<blockquote>
<TABLE border=0 cellPadding=1 width="80%">
<TR>
<TD>
<FONT face="Helvetica">
<big>Network Error (tcp_error)</big>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT>
</TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD>
<FONT face="Helvetica">
A communication error occurred: ""
</FONT>
</TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD>
<FONT face="Helvetica">
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from
responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.
</FONT>
</TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD>
<FONT face="Helvetica" SIZE=2>
<BR>
For assistance, contact your network support team.
</FONT>
</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
</blockquote>
</FONT>
</BODY></HTML>

I believe the same happens for iJoomla installer. It would be nice to see an error instead of "String could not be parsed..."
The last thing is speed... I will test it later on prod env and then if the speed will be the same as now I will write another post.

Thanks for your help!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński