Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Amazon S3 and Cronjob, Broken links on website.

10 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Team

Please could you help me with the following issue - This is how the website looks when running on the Local Host

Attachment NormalView-LocalHostSettingsonRemoteStorage.png not found

All the Icons and images/videos working perfectly

After changing this to Cronjob/Amazon S3 the following occured non of the systems seem to be working images, video, icons, files ect.

Attachment NormalView-AmazonS3Afterrunningcronjob-HostSettingsonRemoteStorage.png not found

The following images outline the setup completed

Attachment CloudAccess.png not found

Attachment CronlessMainPage.png not found

Attachment JoomlaRemoteStorage.png not found

Attachment CronJob.png not found

Please could you help me with this as soon as possible - all my details concerning the cron job and Amazon S3 are listed below in the further comments

Kind Regards

David Barnes

10 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi, David.

I saw that your avatars are originally stored under other domain:

woppull.whatsonpacifica.netdna-cdn.com/images/avatar/a349fc2cc1658b9089ea8fbc_stream_.jpg

Where your domain is: whatsonpacifica.com

Do you have images on other server? Did you customize code of JomSocial?

Also could you check if you set avatars to be stored on Amazon S3 and run cron... are any files transfered there?

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 2 weeks ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I am not sure this is related, but if you already enable S3 setting and still broken, please you follow this www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/144...1?limitstart=0#73894 I hope it will solve your issu

10 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi thanks for the response -

(Q) I saw that your avatars are originally stored under other domain: woppull.whatsonpacifica.netdna-cdn.com/i...89ea8fbc_stream_.jpg.
(A) woppull.watsonpacifica.netdnacdn.com is my CDN, on my , https://cp.maxcdn.com/account this is to speed up the site for my customers. I store all my jomsocail data in Amazon S3 ( well trying to)

(Q) Do you have images on other server?
(A) No, Its not just images, videos and all the other elements do not load properly when turning on Amazon S3, All fine on local server.

(Q) Did you customize code of JomSocial?
(A) No

(Q) Also could you check if you set avatars to be stored on Amazon S3 and run cron... are any files transfered there?
(A) All Transferred Perfectly

Thanks

David

10 years 1 week ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi David,

Your S3 URL is this s3.amazonaws.com/wopsocialbucket/images which that is wrong and your S3 url should be like this wopsocialbucket.s3.amazonaws.com/images

So for fixing this you should do apply the fix from here www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/144...1?limitstart=0#73894 , if you need more assistance to do that.. can you provide us the FTP access, please?

thank you

10 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Dimas Tekad Santosa

Found the file using FTP provided by your link, above but unable to change the information as requested:
Here are my FTP credentials.

[MOVED TO PRIVATE INFO]

Also could you tell me if this is going to be an issue when the new upgrade is released in the next month or so.

Thanks have a great Easter Break

David

10 years 1 week ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi David,

I just fix this, please check again..

this issue willl be fixed in version 3.2 too.

10 years 5 days ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

For the Attention of Dimas Tekad Santosa

Thank-you for your help in this matter, i was updating to the STABLE 3.2 jomsocial new release eager to start using the application with all the new add ons, but the version never uploaded stayed at 3.1 and then the issue stated below occurred again, you mentioned that this issue has been resolved in the updated version. Please could you assist me for the last time in this matter i fully appreciate the help. Could you update me, because i have followed all the instructions on your site, and then i can put this issues to rest,

Regards

David Barnes

10 years 5 days ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi David,

I just updated it manually from extension manager, and now the version is 3.2.0.1, please you check again and let me know if this issue is still appering.

thank you

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, David.

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński