Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Trouble with new users

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

I've installed the latest Jomsocial and am having some issues. I will describe from my viewpoint and that from an assistant.

ME - Was having trouble with the log-in through Facebook Connect (JFB Connect), where the pop-up would appear to get approval and such, but then it disappeared, and nothing happened. However, I discovered through JFB people that I needed to upgrade to latest Joomla, and I also updated the Jomsocial. The problem was resolved as far as the logging in, but then I noticed that on the admin side, my user profile showed I was not "activated." What does that mean, exactly, and how do I properly activate a new user?

ASSISTANT - (1) Assistant created a new profile through her Facebook connect. The profile showed up on the activity stream, but when I clicked on her profile and tried to send her a friend request, it said I was unable to do so with an inactive profile. I found her user profile on the admin side, but it showed that it was neither "enabled" or "activated." Again, how does a new user get properly enabled and activated?

(2) Assistant also stated that she never received any email, as it stated on the message she received upon first logging in (see screenshot, which I also received).

Please review the screenshot that both she and myself received after creating and logging in the first time. Neither of us received an email. Where is that supposed to come from, by the way, too?

Attachments:
10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi there

JFBC is a third party component where support for it should really be handled by its respective developers.
Furthermore, JomSocial is just an extension for Joomla. It does not handle the users at your Joomla site.
In other words, you can uninstall JomSocial and see the same thing happening again.

Cheers

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Ok, we figured out the first part, but we still keep getting the following error:

Could not instantiate mail function.

It happens whenever we send a friend request, message or similar action with another member in the community. What does that mean, and how may we fix it? I'm guessing it has something to do with sending notifications to the members?

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Tony

This is because your mail server is not properly configured and no emails can be created.
please contact your hosting provider to setup the mail server for you.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

What kind of information would I need to tell my hosting provider to set it up properly? We already have a couple of email accounts set up, if that makes a difference?

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Just show them the error and they will know what to do.
If they need any information from you, they will ask. I cant possibly know that.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tony Martinez
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński