Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Config: Possible to limit Show Previous Comments on Group Discussions?

8 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • VIF
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Reproduction not applicable, this would be a configuration question for optimization of our sites group discussions.

The overall configuration I would like would be similar to how the wall stream can set limitations to how many additional threads will load when a user clicks "More".

This setting is found here: Components > JomSocial > Configuration > Layout > Frontpage Activity Streams > Frontpage Activities

Is that same configuration applicable to group discussions?

Attachments:
8 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi,

for group discussions you must changing the Number of displayed comments at Components > JomSocial > Configuration > Site, Walls section

Regards

8 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • VIF
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Albertus-

Thank you for replying to me. My problem is not that I want to change how many replies are displayed upon page load, but how many are requested to the server when a client uses the "Show All Replies" button. This can take a long time to process for some individuals when group discussions have many replies.

See this link:
qa.viflearn.com/index.php/jomsocial/grou...-classroom?groupid=2

Reproduction:
Click Show All Replies

Examine:
Time it takes for group discussion replies to load when there are >800 replies.

Question: Is there a way to limit or configure how many previous replies to a discussion are loaded when a user clicks "Show All Replies"? Rather than "Show All Replies", maybe an option to "Load Previous 10 replies"?

8 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi,

now your issue more clear for me.
for now we cant do this changes. too much core changes needed.
but I will mark this topic as confirmed bug. developer need to put this issue as jomsocial improvement.

I will let you know if jomsocial done with this.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: VIF
7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

developer decided to put this as improvement at "next" version. please wait for the news at jomsocial blog.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński