Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Similar to: #132320 : Hidden and Private Groups are not Hidden or Private

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
When you mark a group "Hidden" it is actually "advertised" (the opposite of "hidden") in the activity stream and show the NAME of the group, the CREATOR of the group, the DATE it was created, etc. I believe it also shows up in the "Most Active Groups" module.

Thousands of your users can't wait for 4.01 to find out IF the problem has been fixed. You have stated it is a bug that would be fixed in 4.0.8. I am running 4.0.9 with the same problem.

Can you PLEASE provide me some code to edit as a temporary fix, even a core hack would be ok at this time, to at least keep the creation of the event from showing up in the activity list for everyone to see? We will not be moving to 4.0.1 until the stable release and after testing which could be some time from now.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Create and mark a group as "Closed" and "Hidden"

RESULT:
The group is "announced/advertised" in the activity stream to all users. The group is listed in the "Most Active Groups" module.
EXPECTED RESULT
The group should be "hidden" and not announced or shown ANYWHERE. If we want to advertise a group we will not mark it as "hidden".
BROWSER: Firefox, Chrome

The following user(s) said Thank You: Xristoph Conrad
8 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi clark kent :)

This is a bug, I already reported this..

this is the temporary fix, open this file modules/mod_activegroups/helper.php, find this code :

$query = 'SELECT *, (a.' . $db->quoteName('discusscount') . ' + a.' . $db->quoteName('wallcount') . ' ) AS count FROM ' . $db->quoteName('#__community_groups') . ' as a'
                . ' INNER JOIN ' . $db->quoteName('#__community_groups_members') . ' AS b ON a.' . $db->quoteName('id') . '= b.' . $db->quoteName('groupid')
                . ' WHERE a.' . $db->quoteName('published') . ' = ' . $db->Quote('1')
                . ' GROUP BY a.' . $db->quoteName('id')
                . ' ORDER BY ' . $db->quoteName('count') . ' DESC '
                . ' LIMIT 0, ' . $count;

replace to :
$query = 'SELECT *, (a.' . $db->quoteName('discusscount') . ' + a.' . $db->quoteName('wallcount') . ' ) AS count FROM ' . $db->quoteName('#__community_groups') . ' as a'
                    . ' INNER JOIN ' . $db->quoteName('#__community_groups_members') . ' AS b ON a.' . $db->quoteName('id') . '= b.' . $db->quoteName('groupid')
                    . ' WHERE a.' . $db->quoteName('published') . ' = ' . $db->Quote('1')
                    . ' AND a.unlisted=0 '
                    . ' GROUP BY a.' . $db->quoteName('id')
                    . ' ORDER BY ' . $db->quoteName('count') . ' DESC '
                    . ' LIMIT 0, ' . $count;

not tested yet, I hope it will work.

thank you

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Thanks for the quick reply.
I haven't made the edits yet but it looks like this could solve the "Most Active Groups" issue and I will work on it tonight. However, an even bigger concern is that the creation of the HIDDEN group is announced/shared in the general activity stream....or wall? How do I keep the creation of the hidden group, the group's name, etc. from being displayed in the home page's activity stream?

8 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

do you mean only hidden the private group or for all group?

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

no...
When a user creates a Private and Hidden group (he checks the box: "Hide on list of groups") he wants to "hide" the group, meaning:
1) Do not show the group on the list of groups
2) Do not who the group in the "activegroups" Module
3)......and do not show the group in the front page activity stream.

#3 above it a BIG problem for my site. Users want to create a private group and don't want every comment, discussion, etc. shared with EVERYONE in the activity stream on the home page. They simply want to create a private group that only people the invite know about.

SEE the attached file: I created a group call "HIDDEN" that I don't want EVERYONE to see or know about so I marked it PRIVATE and I checked the "Hide on list of groups" check box. While the group IS hidden on the group list it is NOT hidden in the activity stream, everyone can see that I created a "hidden" group called HIDDEN. They even see my discussion in my "hidden" group. It is not hidden at all if you share everything I do in the group with everyone on the site.

Attachments:
8 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

are you login with super user or the members of that group? because if you login with super user or members of that group those stream will be shown, but those stream wont appear for the non-members of that group.

thank you

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

FIX: I upgraded joomla from 3.0.2 to 3.0.4 and re-installed JS 4.0.9. and jEither that fixed the issue OR.....
.....a script that I was using to allow me to log in as other users was not working correctly .

I believe the site is working correctly now and NOT showing information about HIDDEN groups to the general public or general member base. :-)

I will continue to test but as of a few hrs ago I (and a complaining member) can't seem to repeat the problem I was having.
Thank you for your quick responses to my concerns. I will mark this ticket closed and just reference it in the future if I need to.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Xristoph Conrad
8 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

glad to know that, regarding hidden group issue on module, that is valid bug :)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński