Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Group Discussion Questions

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Finally our Community is live. We do have a couple of questions with regards to group discussions:

1.) A new discussion is shown in the general timeline! You can mark it with "like". However, if you click on the discussion itselfe, you can not mark it with "like". Comments in the discussion you can like in the timeline as well as in the discussion itselfe, Is there a way to be able to like the discussion in the discussion itselfe?

2.) Replies to a discussion show in the timeline as "new incident". While normal timeline postings, that are commented on are shown as one thread. Why are discussion replies separated from the discussion in the timeline? Is there a way to keep them together (ala Facebook)?

3.) If you reply to a post in the timeline, it is not moved "up". It stays all the way down in the timeline. Is there a way, that a topic moves up once a reply happens?

4.) Replies on discussion are shown in the stream with a maximum of 150 characters in my case. Is there a way to put that number higher? In the backend, I did not find that option. Setting comment length higher did not do the trick.

Thanks,
Matt

8 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Matt,

#1 #2 #3 I am sorry this is not possible,if you wanna this you should hack the code, I suggest you hire 3rd party developer to achive this

#4 You can change it from Jomsocial config->site->comment length

thank you

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dear Dimas,

thank you for your kind response.
I noticed, that in our case the comment length parameter in the backend does only change the ANSWER comment in the frontend. The topic itself in the stream always stays 150 characters, eventhough I set it to e.g. 400. Is it possible to have the stream comment (not the reply to it) as well a higher number of characters?

Thank you,
Matt

8 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Matt,

I need you htaccess to your backend, please provide me access for it.. I will check it directly.

thank you

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank you Dimas, Details updated in the ticket...
Matt

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Matthias,

could you give me the link or screenshot about "Replies on discussion" length? if that from Kunena it will not follow jomsocial config.
you must contact kunena for that.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthias
8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank you, found the problem and fixed it!
Matt

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński