Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Disable Group Categories

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hey,

is it possible to deactivate categories for groups or categories in general (groups, events, photos, videos)? Because i think for a fresh forum categories are not necessary in the beginning since it will end up creating lots of empty lists.

I would like to activate them again later, when people started opening their groups and when we get a feeling for the categories that would fit these groups

Thanks in advance,

phil

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Philipp

that by design the categories for groups, events, photos, and videos are mandatory. it need too much effort if you want disable for all of it. especially at sharebox section.

the changes not small/simple. if you need developer:
www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers

if for group only. I can help you with that.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Oh cool :)

So where do i have to go? I can make the changes if you tell me the files and lines that have to be modified.

I was also thinking of a css solution. All the groups would be in the same category but the user will not see it. Does that work?

Regards,
Phil

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Phil,

Here the CSS for group form

#createGroup .cFormList li:nth-child(3) {
  display: none;
}
put it at /templates/yoo_everest/css/custom.css

and here for remove the categories listing at groups page:
1. override groups.index.php, by copying from /components/com_community/templates/default/ to /templates/yoo_everest/html/com_community/
2. edit it, and take out this code
<div class="cGroup-Categories app-box">
<?php if ( $index ) : ?>
	<h3 class="app-box-header"><?php echo JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_CATEGORIES');?></h3>
	<div class="app-box-content">
		<ul class="app-box-list for-menu cResetList">
			<li>
				<i class="com-icon-folder"></i>
			<?php if( $category->parent == COMMUNITY_NO_PARENT && $category->id == COMMUNITY_NO_PARENT ){ ?>
				<a href="<?php echo CRoute::_('index.php?option=com_community&view=groups');?>"><?php echo JText::_( 'COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_ALL_GROUPS' ); ?></a>
			<?php }else{ ?>
				<a href="<?php echo CRoute::_('index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=display&categoryid=' . $category->parent ); ?>"><?php echo JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_BACK_TO_PARENT'); ?></a>
			<?php }  ?>
			</li>
			<?php if( $categories ): ?>
				<?php foreach( $categories as $row ): ?>
					<li>
						<a href="<?php echo CRoute::_('index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=display&categoryid=' . $row->id ); ?>"><?php echo JText::_( $this->escape($row->name) ); ?></a>
						<?php if( $row->total > 0 ){ ?><span class="label">&nbsp;<?php echo $row->total; ?></span><?php } ?>
					</li>
				<?php endforeach; ?>
			<?php else: ?>
				<?php if( $category->parent == COMMUNITY_NO_PARENT && $category->id == COMMUNITY_NO_PARENT ){ ?>
					<li>
						<?php echo JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_CATEGORY_NOITEM'); ?>
					</li>
				<?php } ?>
			<?php endif; ?>
		</ul>
	</div>
<?php endif; ?>
</div>

around line 29.

Regards,