Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Upon group approval, automated email directs user to /administrator

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

When I approve a users group in the jomsocial backend, the link that is being sent out directs user to the backend (administrator) part of the site instead of the front end. I'm assuming it shouldn't be doing this, but should be directing them to the front end where they can sign in to view there newly approved group? How can I fix this?

Attachment ScreenShot2014-09-16at10.50.43AM.png not found

Attachments:
9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Jholstein,

I confirmed this is a valid bug. the URL must without /administrator/. please wait for the fixes.

Regards,
Albert

The following user(s) said Thank You: jholstein
9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Any follow up on fix Albertus? I'm guessing there is just a php file that controls this and needs a change in the url that's mailing out?

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi jholstein,

here the temporary fix:
edit /administrator/components/com_community/controllers/groups.php line 826, changing it from

$params->set('url' , 'index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=viewgroup&groupid=' . $group->id );
to
$params->set('url' , '../index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=viewgroup&groupid=' . $group->id );

Regards,
Albert

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński