Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Only Group Members to See Activity on the Home Page

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have noticed that even when you have not joined a group, the content that has been posted in the groups I have not joined still show up on the homepage. Is there a setting that allows only content from the groups that you have joined to show up on the homepage rather all of them that include the ones you have not joined?

Example. I have joined the groups Basketball and Football. These are the only posts I want to see is in these two groups on my homepage but I am also seeing posts that are in soccer and hockey even though I am not apart of that group.

9 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Andrew,

You need to create the private group for this, because if you use public group, all posts can be seen by everybody.

Thank you.

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

How to I make it to where there does not have to be an approval by the administrator once I make the group private?

9 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Andrew,

So do you want make the private group is no-need the approval for a new members? I am sorry that is impossible.

thank you

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Okay so if someone joins a group, they can see the posts made by other members on the homepage. If someone has not joined the group, they can still see the posts made by other members on the home page. So either joined or not joined, everyone can still see the posts members make on the homepage. What I would like is for members to have to join the group first without approval of the administrator enable to see the posts made in the group. So this is impossible to do?

9 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Andrew,

No that is impossible.. this the the character between 2 groups :

1. public groups : the content of the group is for public, no approval for joining, all activities will be published on frontpage
2. private group : user cant see the content before the user join the group, need approval from owner/admin of the group for joining the group, the activities only will be showned to members

if you wanna break that default behavior, you need hack the core code

thank you

9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Do you know by chance where I can find the code for that?

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Andrew,

its to much effort if you want changing the logic for private group.
first you must learn the code flow at:
/components/com_community/controllers/groups.php
/components/com_community/models/groups.php
all files under l/components/com_community/views/groups/

after that you can make any changes at there, but your changes will disappear at upgrade process.

or you can hire the dev at here:
www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers

Regards,
Albert

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Andrew,

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

Regards,
Albert

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński