Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Include Forms inside Event text not possible

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi
I have Joomla 3.8 and Jomsocial 3.4.4.

In Events, we need asap to integrate JSN forms. In any other Joomla content i can include forms very simple with the syntax {uniform form=5/}.
In Jomsocial this is not possible. It only shows {uniform form=5/} in the event text.

Any solution for this?

regards

Rolf

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Rolf.

Thank you for contacting us.
Oh, then you're using ancient version of JomSocial.
Code spinet should be used in fields where content plugins are processed.
JomSocial fields are not processed thus you can't add this form.
You may try a walkaround - create Custom HTML module, add your snippet, assign module to built-in module position: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Built-in_Module_Positions
And use Advanced Module Manager to set module to be displayed only under certain URL.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Ups Sorry for the typo :-D
I use 4.4.4 not 3.4.4!

I need this form inside the event details. Your workaround don't work there, right?

Why is it not possible to use code snippet inside this field? It's just a html editor window like in other joomla components and there snippets works. . This should be possible without big changes.

regards

Rolf

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Rolf.

Sorry, you wrote "I have Joomla 3.8 and Jomsocial 3.4.4." in your first post :)
Workaround explains how to add it NOT in event description.
Content plugins are meant to work in CONTENT (articles). A text field is not a content, that's why they are not processed.
In some cases they could be run in some additional content like in Virtuemart product description. But In JomSocial it's not the case.

So only workaround left to use.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński